eureka springs arkansas ozarks

plaidthumbAugust 14, 2007

Anybody have any experience with Eureka Springs, in the Ozarks? Need someplace for a weekend get away away from the kids and jobs.

As I understand it, it's a haven for artists and old hippies/new age fruitcakes? Mostly a tourist trap in town but good fresh air and some solitude in the hills outside of town.

I figure the town might be good for an hour or two of wandering, then off to the hills for some "just the two of us" time and adventure.

Thoughts or experiences from anybody here?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jonesy

I've been there and if you love nature you will like it for the location if nothing else. It is a tourist town, but I love the shops. I would check to see if they have any hiking trails. I don't know where you live, but you might want to check out the Queen Willamina Lodge in Mina, Ark. They have hiking trails. It's beautiful there. The URL below will give you info and the picture is deceiving, the location is not flat, it's on a mountain top. The clouds literally float right by you.

http://www.queenwilhelmina.com/

Bookmark   August 17, 2007 at 8:45PM
lydia1959

Eureka Springs is a nice romantic getaway. Be sure to stay in a cottage and not a hotel. I've stayed in several, but the nicest so far have been the historic cottages at Lake Lucerne. The link below is to a Branson forum, but there is a section there for Eureka Springs which has a lot of reviews of lodging, restaurants, etc. I did a review of Lake Lucerne with some pictures there.

I think you'll enjoy it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Branson forum

Bookmark   October 24, 2007 at 11:32AM
kayjones

Check out the links I found on Google.com.

DH and I stayed at the Palace hotel when we were there and absolutely loved it. It is a quaint little town with lots of hills and shops - very pretty. We found the people who run the little shops to be delightful and gentle.

Here is a link that might be useful: Palace hotel.

Bookmark   December 1, 2007 at 10:06PM
More Discussions
jujujojo_gw
Mt Magazine in Arkansas
For those of you who love nature and live close enough...
emma
Fall in the Smoky Mountains Advice, Please
Our family of 10 wants to rent a cabin in the Fall...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Savannah GA and Hilton Head SC
Had a friend recently tell us about the above two places....
des_arc_ya_ya
Hawaiian Vacations
My nephew went on a vacation to the Island Of Molokai....
emma
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™