Chattanooga, TN

mistya55July 3, 2007

I want to spend the weekend in Chattanooga. It will be my husband and I and 5 kids, 12, 8, 6, 4, 3. I know I would like to do Ruby falls, The Zoo, and Rock City. I will get there around lunch on Friday and plan to leave no later than 7:00 Sunday Night. Do you think I could do anything else in that time frame? I know I want to go to a few souvenir and candy shops. Maybe a really nice park that is local. Is there any kind of botanical garden that has water lilies and koi? Also if you are familiar with the area what would the best order to visit these places? Thanks for any advice you can help with. Misty

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mary1helen2

Misty,
No one answered I see. Guess Chattanooga isn't a prime vacation spot, but I think there are a lot of things to do. I don't live in Tennessee anymore, but was born there and think it is one of the most beautiful places in this country.
Your vacation has no doubt come and gone; hope you guys had a good time. I don't think you can get much done in a weekend especially with wrestling five kids around, but the places you mentioned were feasible and hope they were fun. I personally like to visit Civil War sites, but probably not that interesting to young children.
Hope you guys enjoyed your trip.
Mary

Bookmark   September 25, 2007 at 10:28AM
More Discussions
Thanksgiving for a family
Our family lives in Colorado and my mom lives back...
CORoadie
Bucharest late July / early August
My 2 kids and I have the opportunity to meet my husband...
strayerdarb
Fall in the Smoky Mountains Advice, Please
Our family of 10 wants to rent a cabin in the Fall...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Hotels with best free breafast....which is best?
It seems as though all hotels have a free breakfast....
robar
Things to do in Italy
We are going on a family vacation to Italy this July....
recordstraight
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™