Need help for mom's 60th birthday trip !!!

mcookJuly 7, 2006

My mom's turning 60 this year & she really wants to take a trip with the whole family (my husband & I, my sister, my brother-in-law, & their 2 sons: 2yrs old & a new born) Nevertheless, I'm not sure if my sister's family'll even join us due to their new addition in the family & along with budget concerns... So most likely it'll be just the 4 of us.

We thought about Mexico (maybe Cabo San Lucas or Los Cabos); the all-inclusive package (Either cruise or just flight in). Since this is the closest from Southern California, no visa needed, & theoretically cost less than...let's say: Hawaii or Europe.

Anybody can suggest other-wise or been to these locations that I mentioned above? Good? Bad?

We plan to travel in Fall (after Sept. most likely)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kilroy

I could not recommend Mexico at this time, nor anywhere outside the USA now for that matter. Bad timing. I can think of many good places in the USA. Why not the Ozarks? Many good places for a family vacation there, perhaps the Quachita Mountains in Arkansas, Hot Springs would be your staying over place there... In the Ozarks, Eureka Springs for a stop over In the Ozarks... My choices, unless Florida, perhaps?? Olando?

Bookmark   November 6, 2006 at 3:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
coastalsusan

I would suggest Hawaii over Mexico. My friend went to Mexico with her parents and both she and her dad came back with digestive problems. The water in Mexico is not drinkable. With small children it will be hard to control. If you are on a budget, Europe can be very expensive with the weak dollar.

You can check out the different islands in Hawaii and see which one suits you best. Oahu is a lot of buildings and tourists, but a lot of night life action. Maui has nice beaches and is not so contained in one stop full of tourists (depending on where on the island you want to go, Kona (the big island) is quieter than Maui but the beaches tend to be rocky unless you stay at a resort where they have shipped in sand. Kauai is even less tourists and although I haven't spent a lot of time there is suppose to be lush and beautiful. It tends to rain more on this island.

I am sure where ever you pick, you will have a great time. Happy Birthday to your mom!

Here is a link that might be useful: Coastal Vacations Call Center

Bookmark   February 9, 2007 at 2:48AM
More Discussions
Family Friendly Rafting
Hi! We are looking to take our kids ages 6, 9 &...
Supermom74
Key West: Any "must see's"?
Got the condo and plane tickets booked. We have a...
jewelisfabulous
Where is a good, fun, one day trip in Michigan to visit?
I am looking for something to do with my family over...
mludtke
Branson, Missouri........
Here we come!! August 25 - September 1st. Any suggestions,...
christy2828
Hotels with best free breafast....which is best?
It seems as though all hotels have a free breakfast....
robar
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™