cruise ship question

salenaJuly 31, 2006

How difficult is it to take a bottle of wine on-board? We were told that any brought on would be confiscated then returned at the end of trip. How do they know we would have it? Guess we would have it in our 'carry-on'.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stmiddlebrooks

If they are just going to take it and return it at the end of the trip, then you really have nothing to lose by trying to take it.

Bookmark   July 31, 2006 at 10:07AM
kayakingkris

Went on a NCL cruise last fall for a family reunion. 1/2 of our group had their booze taken. The other 1/2 got away with it. I bought Kalhua in Mexico and carried it right on the ship, no questions asked, go figure. They scan suitcases randomly and catch some. Good luck, it's easy to plead ignorance. It's worth the gamble, because on board drinking of all types is outragous. I gave up pop for a week because I refused to pay $3 for a can of coke. We didn't drink any beer, wine or liquor on board - too expensive. Cheap in port though.

Bookmark   July 31, 2006 at 4:35PM
salena

Thanks for the input. I bet hubby will try to smuggle!

Bookmark   August 1, 2006 at 8:54AM
naughtykitty

I hope I'm not too late for you, but they check carry-on's more thoroughly than checked luggage. I was told to put my smuggled alcohol into checked luggage with a lock and it will most likely get thru. My step-mom was able to sweet talk them into letting her bring 1 bottle for an "anniversary toast". Good luck and have fun!

Bookmark   September 13, 2006 at 1:01PM
More Discussions
If you were to stay in a Bed and Breakfast
What would you expect to have in your room? Hubby and...
trisha57_ny
Savannah GA and Hilton Head SC
Had a friend recently tell us about the above two places....
des_arc_ya_ya
myrtle beach......winter rental.....extended stay
Could anyone recommend a quality reasonably priced hotel/resort...
robar
Family Friendly Rafting
Hi! We are looking to take our kids ages 6, 9 &...
Supermom74
Hotels with best free breafast....which is best?
It seems as though all hotels have a free breakfast....
robar
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™