Christmas 2009, where would you go??

christy2828June 10, 2008

I plan on using my timeshare with my family, my parents, and my sister's family in December/January of 2009. Where would you go?? Where have you gone, and would recommend?? As a side note, my mother has asthma, and trouble breathing in higher altitudes, so that will be a factor!! Thanks so much for any input :) Christy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Meghane

I would need a LOT more information.

Warm or cold? USA or not? Any kids? If so, how old? How long? What activities will people want to do? What is the budget? Any physical attributes to consider besides Mom with asthma?

If I was in a scuba mood, I'd go to Costa Rica, Mexico, Belize, Ecuador, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean...
Unless I was in a skiing mood, in which case I'd go to British Columbia Canada, Salt Lake City, California, Jackson Hole, or the Rockies.
Of course, Christmas in Germany or any other of the Old World countries would be awesome. I hear Quebec is lovely that time of year.

Bookmark   June 14, 2008 at 6:24PM
christy2828

Lol, I suppose you're right, a lot more info :) Sorry!! Okay, thinking cold, thinking east coast, Yes children, two of them will be 4, and one will be 2, and if things go right, there will be a baby. It will be for one week, and using my timeshare with Interval World. Thanks, Christy

Bookmark   June 19, 2008 at 8:32PM
diggerb2

not that its that cold but what about williamsburg? or colonial virginia.

Bookmark   July 6, 2008 at 2:21PM
christy2828

Ah, that is where our timeshare is, and the timeshare we are trading. Those traveling will be coming from Orlando and Atlanta, and we have no idea where we will be living next year (possibly Savannah, could be Miami). We've done Gatlinburg, and liked it, but would like to try something different. I've also considered Hershey, PA, but since we will no longer be living in Maryland, that might be a bit further away. Not that we couldn't fly, just most in my family prefer to drive. Thanks for the suggestions!! Christy

Bookmark   July 7, 2008 at 12:22PM
scarlett2001

PA in winter - you will be spending a lot of time indoors or stuck in a snowbank.

Bookmark   May 28, 2010 at 11:36PM
More Discussions
Bucharest late July / early August
My 2 kids and I have the opportunity to meet my husband...
strayerdarb
Family Friendly Rafting
Hi! We are looking to take our kids ages 6, 9 &...
Supermom74
jujujojo_gw
Key West: Any "must see's"?
Got the condo and plane tickets booked. We have a...
jewelisfabulous
Please do not use HomeAway
I'm a frequent commenter here, mostly in the Home Decorating...
tibbrix
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™