Outer Banks, or vacationing with dogs

esradeJune 17, 2004

We'd like to take our dogs on vacation and would like some recommendations. Everyone tells us to go to the Outer Banks. Does anyone have any specific tips for the Outer Banks, such as places to stay, realtors to go through, etc? How far apart are the houses? I wouldn't trust my dogs off-leash, although if there weren't a lot of people around, I could put them on a 20' or 50' lead.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathy_

Check some rental agencies at Outer Banks would be my advice.
Did you know dogs are permitted on a leash on the boardwalk and beach of Ocean City MD off season? I think that's from the end of Sept - end of April. My dogs love strolling the boards and September is still a nice time to go there. Fenwick Inn takes dogs but be warned the rooms are usually smoking (and I would call for reservations first) but we put up such things to take the furbabies along. If you camp Tom's Cove park in Chincoteague, VA allows dogs but they are not allowed at Assateague Island where the ocean is. Good luck! Kathy

Bookmark   July 6, 2004 at 8:12PM
rachelacey

I have 2 great danes and we took them to OBX last year for 2 weeks. We stayed at a rental home that allowed pets, had a pool and a hottub!! The pool area was fenced so we didn't have to worry about them in that area. We walked them on leash for potty breaks and all went well. I'll post a link to a site with some realtors. Have fun!!

Here is a link that might be useful: OBX realtors

Bookmark   August 6, 2004 at 11:28AM
rachelacey

This url has tons of places that accept pets

Here is a link that might be useful: pets on the go

Bookmark   August 6, 2004 at 11:44AM
JerriEllijay

Also try: Petfriendly.com, and travelpets. A search using Key words such as "pet friendly (insert town name)" will help too.

jerri

Bookmark   December 24, 2004 at 11:33AM
More Discussions
Free breakfast.....which hotels have the best food?
It seems that all the hotels have a free breakfast...
robar
Venice, Florence, Rome
We just returned from a vacation to Italy. Had a great...
foggyj
rfid?
How do you feel about these RFID wallets and purses...
scpalmetto
Road trip MA to Chattanooga, TN
We are planning a family roadtrip from MA to Chattanooga...
crystalshoe
Where is a good, fun, one day trip in Michigan to visit?
I am looking for something to do with my family over...
mludtke
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™