any recommendations for memphis?

bobbi_ILJune 14, 2004

We are contemplating taking a 3-4 day trip to Memphis as a little getaway for the hubby and I. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a neat place to stay (hotel or B & B)? And any good restaurants, entertainment and such? We like to do the traditional things, and the "off-the-beaten-path" stuff. And I really adore good food served in a memorable atmosphere (anything from upscale to dive!).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dlynn2

The ducks at the Peabody Hotel are a "must see", especially at the end of the day when they turn on the music for them to get ready to march upstairs. Corky's has good barbeque. Many, many good restaurants. It's been so long since I've lived in that area that I really can't remember the names of any (and many really were dives but had delicious food). YOu might want to ask about restaurants on the cooking forum. You will get lots of replies over there. There are a few people from that area and they all love to talk food!

Bookmark   June 19, 2004 at 4:58PM
backyardbill

Not far from the Peabody is a really good BBQ restaurant called the "Rendezvous" The door is in a alley, so its not your everyday restaurant, and the pulled pork and BBQ was some of the best I have ever ate.
Bill

Bookmark   November 3, 2004 at 1:04AM
JerriEllijay

BB Kings place is fun, I believe it's on Beale street. Their fried dill pickles (no kidding) are great.
jerri

Bookmark   December 24, 2004 at 11:30AM
kudzu9

Was that Memphis, Tennessee or Memphis, Egypt?

Bookmark   May 10, 2005 at 3:40AM
More Discussions
Any discounts for Disney?
We've never been. DH and I are taking our son and...
Debbi Branka
Road trip MA to Chattanooga, TN
We are planning a family roadtrip from MA to Chattanooga...
crystalshoe
Thanksgiving for a family
Our family lives in Colorado and my mom lives back...
CORoadie
If you were to stay in a Bed and Breakfast
What would you expect to have in your room? Hubby and...
trisha57_ny
Branson, Missouri........
Here we come!! August 25 - September 1st. Any suggestions,...
christy2828
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™