Hawaii ideas from those of you who have been there?

catt11June 2, 2003

In early Nov. my husband and I are hoping to take my elderly mother-in-law to a place she has always wanted to go to--Hawaii. Any ideas on what would be good for someone who is very "young" and active for her age, but still elderly (early 80's)? She is not a "lay on the beach" type of person, but she would love to sit at a seaside table and take in the beautiful views. Any ideas from those of you who have been there for a really nice hotel that does not have to be in the middle of all the action (in fact it would be better to be in a more quiet area but within decent driving distance of restaurants, etc.) and does not have to be one of the 5-star (super expensive!) luxery hotels---just something CLEAN and pleasent. We were thinking of splitting the week up and staying on the islands of Maui and Kauai with a day trip to Honolulu to tour the Arizona memorial? Over 14 years ago I stayed at the Royal Lahaina Hotel in Maui and thought it was great, but now I am reading an awful lot of terribly mixed reviews. Sure did like the location of it though. Any and all help and suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thank you all in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doucanoe

Napili Kai Beach resort in Maui is wonderful. In a quiet area north of Kaanapaali Beach, not cheap but not expensive either. They have several pools, a large whirlpool, a putting green, beautiful beach, weekly luau andmai tai parties, etc. Lots to do and a fabulous restaurant on site!
Just down the beach is Napili Shores Resort, too. Not as many amenities, but less expensive. Do make sure to drive the Road to Hana while in Maui....scenery is to die for! And in November you may be able to go on a whale watch cruise....highly recommend it. The Pacific Whale Foundation in Lahaina has a great line of whale watching and snorkeling trips to choose from and they do a fabulous job!!!

Bookmark   July 3, 2003 at 1:01PM
More Discussions
Bucharest late July / early August
My 2 kids and I have the opportunity to meet my husband...
strayerdarb
rfid?
How do you feel about these RFID wallets and purses...
scpalmetto
Hawaiian Vacations
My nephew went on a vacation to the Island Of Molokai....
emma
Road trip MA to Chattanooga, TN
We are planning a family roadtrip from MA to Chattanooga...
crystalshoe
Venice, Florence, Rome
We just returned from a vacation to Italy. Had a great...
foggyj
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™