Help needed - ideas to convert kitchen chairs into stools???

npfldmomJuly 18, 2005

I just found a great table top and separate set of legs that together are going to make a great breakfast bar in my kitchen.

My problem is that I love my hand painted kitchen chairs. If they were taller they would be perfect.

Does anyone have a good plan for the sturdy addtion of 6 - 8 inches to the bottome of chairs? Best idea I can come up with is big, ugly industrial wheels.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lillie1441

Buy inexpensive bar stools and exchange the legs for the chair legs? Is there some way you might take the legs off the chairs and attach a thick board on the bottom of the chairs then put the original legs back on? If that doesn't make the chairs tall enough then you could add rollers for a few more inches of height.Or you could just make a table height breakfast bar! I always though I had to have a bar in my kitchen.When I finally got one I figured out it is very uncomfortable to sit at.Bar stools are too high for comfort and not easily moved when you are sitting in them.I much prefer a table height one or just a tiny bit taller than table height so my feet still touch the floor.....Lillie

Bookmark   July 18, 2005 at 5:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sea_shell

Does your breakfast bar have to be tall?, couldn't you make it at a comfortable height to use the painted chairs you love so much.

Sue

Bookmark   July 20, 2005 at 10:12AM
More Discussions
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
Fairy dwelling made from scrap material
I have this huge Maple tree which keeps shedding bark...
joyfulflowers
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
Definitely not trash, but a real treasure. Exceptional find!
A quick look-see stop in Habitat for Humanity's 'Restore'...
adaorand
Recomend glue for fabric?
I have a lampshade that is lifting at the seam. What...
honugirl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™