Old Frangista Beach Inn

joannbmMay 16, 2005

About 7 years ago (I'm guessing), Frangista Beach Inn on the Gulf in FLorida, was a wonderful hotel with a beautiful pool and restaurant. All rooms were gulf front

and nicely decorated. Nothing cheap or qitch. The rate was very reasonable. A greek couple owend it then sold it to a realty company. One of the last hurricanes damaged it so much they had to tear it down. Now, nothing but wildly expensive rentals are available. SO much of what I see there to rent is really ugly or a block to walk to the beach. Does anyone remember that wonderful inn or have any suggestions for a great place to stay, on the beach, that does not have 25 floors, ugly furniture and not $4000/wk?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beachmamaproperties

I live a couple of miles from the Gasparilla Inn on Boca Grande. The Bush family stays here annually. It is a quaint inn on a gorgeous island. It is very reasonable and you will not want to leave. Most people get around on golf carts. There are cute shops, lighthouses and golf as well as several beaches. Have a great time!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gasparilla Inn

Bookmark   May 29, 2005 at 9:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beachmamaproperties

I found some great pictures of Boca Grande and the surrounding barrier islands and towns. It is not my site. I love living here, it really is beautiful. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Boca Grande on Gasparilla Island

Bookmark   May 29, 2005 at 9:30PM
More Discussions
Free breakfast.....which hotels have the best food?
It seems that all the hotels have a free breakfast...
robar
Savannah GA and Hilton Head SC
Had a friend recently tell us about the above two places....
des_arc_ya_ya
Road trip MA to Chattanooga, TN
We are planning a family roadtrip from MA to Chattanooga...
crystalshoe
Thanksgiving for a family
Our family lives in Colorado and my mom lives back...
CORoadie
Mt Magazine in Arkansas
For those of you who love nature and live close enough...
emma
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™