Gatlinburg Tennessee

casa1May 29, 2007

We will be visiting for a convention with our children. Any ideas for things to do? Our children are young so hiking and camping is out of the question.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ninos

It has been a while since we went however there is still plenty of things for you and your young family to do. Isnt Dollywood in that area. I havent been ther but i heard it is fun. There are also plenty of shops and i do remember riding a chair lift up a mountain. That was alot of fun. A word of caution, When i went my kids were very young too. I noticed this man was following us throughout the stores. I knew something was up and i started to yell at him. He then ran away. I approached a police officer and he told me he was probably trying to steal my diaper bag which was positioned between the seats of the double stroller. He said it happens all the time. Be safe where ever you travel.

Bookmark   June 1, 2007 at 12:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gulf_pirate2009

Parrot mountain was fantastic. My wife and I enjoyed it as much as my two boys (3&5). Dollywood was awesome and so was the Dixie Stampede. We had a great time. Shop around for a nice cabin. Depending on the time of year, you can get one for the same price or even less than the cost of a hotel room.
We didn't enjoy the deer park. It was kinda like a petting zoo with exotic animals there. The smell was pretty bad and there were flies everywhere.

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 9:56PM
More Discussions
Thanksgiving for a family
Our family lives in Colorado and my mom lives back...
CORoadie
Branson, Missouri........
Here we come!! August 25 - September 1st. Any suggestions,...
christy2828
Family Friendly Rafting
Hi! We are looking to take our kids ages 6, 9 &...
Supermom74
Hotels with best free breafast....which is best?
It seems as though all hotels have a free breakfast....
robar
Bucharest late July / early August
My 2 kids and I have the opportunity to meet my husband...
strayer
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™