What is a good brand of luggage for business travel?

Ginny_CaMay 16, 2003

My daughter needs to buy a large piece of luggage for business travel. What brands are the best? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

My husband has a off brand, which serves him fine. I don't think brands make too much difference, look and see the way it is contructed and guarantees. Also if she is flying, a large piece may not work. Sometime a middle size is better with a good selection of traveling clothes. He takes one medium size and a large carry on. Be sure and keep one change of clothes and any presptions in the carry on along with any travers checks. If she goes overseas, leave all credit cards, except what she really needs at home and a list of of numbers with you. She will not need a cell phone, but can email most anyone depending on the provider. If my husband had called me from china, it would have been 25.00 per min, but could emai me free.
Good luck.
Marie

Bookmark   May 17, 2003 at 8:31PM
janMD

We are very happy with the Tumi that we have. Used to have Samsonite when I was doing a lot of business travel. It really didn't hold up well, but what I disliked the most was how the piece with wheels wouldn't roll well when full. I had to make sure the weight was at the bottom or the whole thing would tip over while I was pulling it through the airport. I've never had that problem with my Tumi. My husband has a Tumi briefcase that he's had for 7 or 8 yrs. He carries the equivalent of a full filing cabinet in it and the bag looks like new; no fraying.

Bookmark   May 21, 2003 at 11:53AM
downsouth

Brand doesn't matter.

Bookmark   July 16, 2003 at 5:47PM
neetz

I love the Tumi but am looking for something a bit lower in price since my office will cover a set amount. I saw the Wenger (aka Swiss Army Knife) and Kenneth Cole Reaction cases on wheels, both of which were nice and on sale. The Wenger had a single telescopic pole, which seemed easy to handle but my DH wondered if it might be more prone to break. The KC has a 10-year warranty and has a bit more storage; both are made out of ballistic nylon...any advice or experience with either one of these? TIA!

Bookmark   April 24, 2005 at 11:47PM
dayenu

travel Pro, you can purchase on Magellan's online

Bookmark   April 25, 2005 at 10:59AM
mjmercer

For what it's worth, many airline pilots and flight attendants use the Travel Pro brand. I found a carry-on-sized bag at TJ Maxx for about $70.00. Well worth it for the quality and durability.

Karen

Bookmark   May 2, 2005 at 7:40AM
More Discussions
Thanksgiving for a family
Our family lives in Colorado and my mom lives back...
CORoadie
Savannah GA and Hilton Head SC
Had a friend recently tell us about the above two places....
des_arc_ya_ya
Bucharest late July / early August
My 2 kids and I have the opportunity to meet my husband...
strayerdarb
Any discounts for Disney?
We've never been. DH and I are taking our son and...
Debbi Branka
If you were to stay in a Bed and Breakfast
What would you expect to have in your room? Hubby and...
trisha57_ny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™