Budget vacation for large family (4 young kids)

shw104April 2, 2013

Hi everyone...

I'm looking for budget and family friendly ideas for a summer vacation. Our kids are 7, 5, 3 and 3. We live near Washington DC and our budget is tight. We don't easily fit into a normal hotel but it's not out of the question. Since the kids (esp the youngest) are fairly young... it's overly difficult but not impossible to get away.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks everyone...
Scott

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

My family and my sister's family loved the outdoors so we camped. We started out tent camping then as we could afford it moved up to a tent trailer. I had a trailer type camper in California but my favorite was a tent trailer. You may not care for camping but if you do it's much cheaper in the long run. We belonged to a camper's club and had winter meetings in the winter. We camped for 15 years.

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 8:08PM
shw104

great idea... we loved camping before we had kids.... been out once or twice when we only had two. haven't ventured out with all 4 yet. hoping to do so this year. Thanks for the idea. I'll have to look into a camper's club... never heard of that..

Scott

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 8:55PM
emma

Take food that is easy to prepare, don't worry about "healthy food" for a week. LOL Some places you can have an open fire so take marshmallows. This brings back such good memories.

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 1:35PM
More Discussions
Is Disney World getting to expensive?
I just took my family to Disney World. I have been...
backyardbill
Travel By Bus
Travelers can easily obtain complete schedule and fare/rate...
drosan
myrtle beach......winter rental.....extended stay
Could anyone recommend a quality reasonably priced hotel/resort...
robar
If you were to stay in a Bed and Breakfast
What would you expect to have in your room? Hubby and...
trisha57_ny
Family Friendly Rafting
Hi! We are looking to take our kids ages 6, 9 &...
Supermom74
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™