Best Family Vacation Resort

loramooreApril 1, 2008

Where/what is your favorite family resort?

We have 2 kids, they will be 5 and 8 when we go on vacation this Summer. We were thinking about going to Smugglers Notch in VT but I think we decided to go to the beach instead.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a beach resort in North or South Carolina?

Thanks for the help!

Lora

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pink_overalls

There are plenty of good beaches in North Carolina. It all depends on what you like and what your budget is. Amusements? Golf? Quiet? Shopping? Nature? Boating? If you are a AAA member, order or pick up their Tourbook for the Carolinas. There are probably NC tourism sites online, too.

Bookmark   April 6, 2008 at 12:07AM
carolj79

We have been to Duck in the Outer Banks, NC and Myrtle Beach (Garden City area) in SC. Outer Banks wasn't for us as there isn't much to do there except for the beach, lighthouses to visit and Kitty Hawk with the Wrights' Brothers Museum. The museum is very small. The Outer Banks are relaxing and peaceful. Myrtle Beach has a lot to do that my family enjoys. There is a huge mall, a boardwalk with little shops and restaurants, movies, miniature golf, golf, theater, water sports, and the beach. In summary, Outer Banks for a peaceful-type vacation, Myrtle Beach for a more active-type vacation.

Bookmark   April 12, 2008 at 10:17PM
loramoore

Thanks for the tips ladies! I think we have decided on Atlantic Beach, NC. Sounds like Atlantic Beach is in between the Outer Banks type and the Myrtle Beach type vacation spot. :)

Bookmark   April 21, 2008 at 5:08PM
More Discussions
Fall in the Smoky Mountains Advice, Please
Our family of 10 wants to rent a cabin in the Fall...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Things to do in Italy
We are going on a family vacation to Italy this July....
recordstraight
Please do not use HomeAway
I'm a frequent commenter here, mostly in the Home Decorating...
tibbrix
Thanksgiving for a family
Our family lives in Colorado and my mom lives back...
CORoadie
Mt Magazine in Arkansas
For those of you who love nature and live close enough...
emma
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™