painting a garden shed

mousey1004July 29, 2006

Has anyone here ever painted flowers on a metal garden shed? I have a aprox. 6x8' metal garden shed. It is painted brown and sticks out like a sore thumb. I am painting it light grey ( using TremClad paint)It has 4 metal panels aprox 2x6' on one side that I would like to paint a few large simple flowers. I assume I will have to buy TremClad metal paint for each colour, so I want to use as few colours as possible.( hopefully the paint won't peel if I use metal paint)I've never done this before, so I'm not sure of the correct method. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank You

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dian57

If I were you, I'd prime the shed first and then apply a good quality flat latex grey. The craft stores sell those little plastic bottles of paint made especially for metal. I've used them on my mailbox and they hold up well to the weather. That should be cheaper than purchasing larger amounts and shouldn't limit your color choices.

Try doing a Google Image search on garden shed, outdoor floral mural for ideas. Also try allposters.com. I get good ideas from that site when I'm stumped.

I had one of those metal sheds once. Flowers would have been a definate improvement. Good luck with your project.

Bookmark   August 2, 2006 at 5:46AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
new2gardenfl

I would paint it green and put up a trellis and plant a large climbing rose next to it. Perhaps one of the varieties that they refer to as a "house eater".

Bookmark   August 4, 2006 at 4:24PM
More Discussions
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
New uses for old stuff
I've read many good posts on what to do with clothes...
jtribe1234
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™