Alaska Cruise Excursions?

solstice98April 7, 2007

I'll be on an Alaskan cruise in early August, touring the Inside Passage. Anybody have a recommendation for shore excursions?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eileenlamp

Go to Cruisecritic.com and then to the boards. Skrole down till you see the board that has all the sites the cruises go to and choose Alaska. You'll be amazed at all the info there on what to do and what NOT to do.

Bookmark   April 22, 2007 at 3:32AM
vannie

If your cruise goes to Wrangell (and not all of them do) don't do anything but walk around down town. We took some silly excursion there that was a waste of time. Do take the train ride that might be out of Kitchekan. It's probably the only train ride offered. It was worth the$.

Bookmark   May 4, 2007 at 5:44PM
mason67

My wife and I took an Alaskan cruise last August (06') the only excursion we took was the train ride out of Ketchikan, it was very scenic but very boring on the way back, everybody was getting sleepy. All in all I guess I would recommend it. Definitely go to Mendenhall glacier, we just took a bus from town, it was like $6 apiece round trip. Hope you got a balcony room , it's worth the money. Our ship couldn't get in close enough to see the Sawyer glacier so you might consider taking an excursion to see it on a smaller boat. I'm sure you'll enjoy the trip overall, it's absolutely awe inspiring scenery, we plan on going back again someday.

Bookmark   July 29, 2007 at 12:04PM
More Discussions
Suggestions for Winter Vacation Resort
I'd like to make a trip out west to either Montana,...
Karen10125
Visiting Alpharetta GA.
Hi, I am visiting Alpharetta GA in couple of weeks...
aaaaaaaa
Branson, Missouri........
Here we come!! August 25 - September 1st. Any suggestions,...
christy2828
Is Disney World getting to expensive?
I just took my family to Disney World. I have been...
backyardbill
Please do not use HomeAway
I'm a frequent commenter here, mostly in the Home Decorating...
tibbrix
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™