Where do you get the best deals on plane tickets?

linnea56March 4, 2009

My daughter and a friend are flying to London in June to join a student tour group, and itÂs my job to find the flight. The tour company wanted $1300 for each round trip ticket, and I thought I could do better. But howÂI donÂt know. IÂm afraid to try Priceline for something so major. It has to be a non-stop. Plus the dates are quite specific: they have to be there for the start of the tour on the morning of June 10.

Thanks for any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
linda117117

Linnea, I search and search and search every site I can think of online, (expedia,travelocity,sidestep,hotwire, etc), then when i find the best one, i go to that airlines site directly and see if I can get it any cheaper. Good Luck.

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 2:04PM
stargazzer

I like Linda's way of doing it. That is the way I check out motels before I reserve. I use a travel agent to book my airline tickets and and unguided tours.

Bookmark   March 29, 2009 at 12:24PM
irishdancersgram

I'm like Linda, I check every site I can think of...I did just hear, flights are supposed to be a little cheaper if you book during the middle of the week....Also, I've found the cheapest is to go directly to the airline site...I've really gotten some good deals...Good luck!

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 5:36PM
More Discussions
Key West: Any "must see's"?
Got the condo and plane tickets booked. We have a...
jewelisfabulous
If you were to stay in a Bed and Breakfast
What would you expect to have in your room? Hubby and...
trisha57_ny
Things to do in Italy
We are going on a family vacation to Italy this July....
recordstraight
rfid?
How do you feel about these RFID wallets and purses...
scpalmetto
Branson, Missouri........
Here we come!! August 25 - September 1st. Any suggestions,...
christy2828
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™