Heavy cardboard tubes
I have access to 54" heavy cardboard tubes, used for holding rolls of paper for a commercial printer. These are very sturdy and diameter is about 4-5". Some of the uses I have for them:
- Cut to length and use to store various length dowels in garage.
- Cut to 10", glue on stand, use to hold long kitchen implements like wooden spoons or tongs.
- Cut in to 10" in length, cut in half lengthwise so you have a half-circle. Nail to wall in garage to hold skinny items like pencils, loose screws, nails, etc.
- Cut to 5" high, tape cardboard to bottom and you have a pencil holder for a desk.
- Sneak up behind Lu, hold tube to mouth and shout "Hey there!" and watch her jump. Great fun!
Any other ideas?