Old Door Frame & A Screen Window - Ideas?

autumnluvrJuly 4, 2004

I know somewhere Ive seen crafty things done with these items. Somewhere Ive seen how people paint a scene on the screen and decoreate with XMas Lights but cant find where Ive seen that idea. Also I found this old wooden door or maybe its a large window frame, it has two sides and is open, what can I make of these things? You all have wonderful and creative minds, please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cupajoe

I saw an old frame with screen stapled to it and painted yesterday.It seems to be the new rage around here.screen is cheap(just find a screened in patio with a big dog like mine and watch their curb for awhile Autunm lol).The stuff I looked at yesterday appeared to be acrylics.I've seen some cheap paint kits at Michaels.A real easy method would be to stick a coloring book page under the screen,if you don't have drawing skills.Keep it simple(birds,fish,bears.)Sandy

Bookmark   July 4, 2004 at 1:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftylady_MA

On the same idea as previous "junkie" we painted a scene for halloween, it was an entrance to the spooky yard out back. Painted the screen with acrylics with a witch, cats, etc. (stuck it in the ground near entrance to my home. scary! Have fun. Craftylady_Ma.

Bookmark   January 17, 2005 at 6:19PM
More Discussions
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
Idea for Empty Prescription Bottles?
So I keep looking at my empty prescription bottles,...
thrift_shop_romantic
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™