Hotel in New Orleans?

lea808March 1, 2003

I am going to New Orleans the weekend of January 24-25, 2004. Does anyone know if there is anything in particular going on around that time that might have hotels booked up?

Also, any good hotel recommendations? Preferably within or close to Vieux Carre. I am thinking about either the Hampton Inn on Carondelot (sp?) or the Hilton by the cruise ship terminal (as we will be boarding a cruise ship on the 26th!!)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DolceMia

You can try their website www.neworleans.com for a load of information. We stayed at Dauphin Orleans on Bourbon Street about 2 blocks from the cathederal, when we visited in 1996. We went through a travel agent who booked a whole package deal. When we arrived our room was not yet available so they upgraded us to a loft suite with a balcony on Bourbon Street. Cool.
I believe the website has a calendar of events and they will send you alot of booklets if you ask for them.
Have fun you lucky lady.
Oh, I forgot to tell you, check out the floating gambling boats. Even if you don't gamble you can see great sites from the water.

Bookmark   March 10, 2003 at 6:28PM
More Discussions
Is Disney World getting to expensive?
I just took my family to Disney World. I have been...
backyardbill
Please do not use HomeAway
I'm a frequent commenter here, mostly in the Home Decorating...
tibbrix
Visiting Alpharetta GA.
Hi, I am visiting Alpharetta GA in couple of weeks...
aaaaaaaa
jujujojo_gw
Savannah GA and Hilton Head SC
Had a friend recently tell us about the above two places....
des_arc_ya_ya
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™