Anyone recommend a good place to visit in Wisconsin?

iloveroostersMarch 4, 2004

I was just wondering if there were any nice "farmy" areas with a good bed and breakfast, but also near the great lakes, like within one hour's drive.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andrew

Plymouth is a small town out in the country, but near the Lake. Door county, a peninsula out on the Lake, would be a good bet too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plymouth B&Bs

Bookmark   March 8, 2004 at 3:03PM
backyardbill

If you look on the map there is an island just off the end of Door county. That's Washington Island. Cann't get much closer to the lake. House on the Rocks is another nice place if your family is a little older. The Dells are neat too.
Bill

Bookmark   March 11, 2004 at 2:23PM
ericwi

Pretty much the entire southern half of Wisconsin is "farmy," but here in Dane County, some of the most interesting scenery lies in the hills and valleys around Mount Horeb, only about 15 miles west of Madison. Cambridge, Wisconsin, about 15 miles east of Madison, has a large pottery factory & sales outlet. Madison itself has the Saturday Farmer's Market, located on the Capital Square, where you can actually talk to the farmers who raised the animals/grew the vegetables. Lake Michigan is 70 miles to the east. For the full effect of Lake Superior, I would suggest a trip to the Keweenaw peninsula, through Eagle Harbor & Copper Harbor.

Bookmark   July 12, 2004 at 11:02PM
More Discussions
Where is a good, fun, one day trip in Michigan to visit?
I am looking for something to do with my family over...
mludtke
Thanksgiving for a family
Our family lives in Colorado and my mom lives back...
CORoadie
Is Disney World getting to expensive?
I just took my family to Disney World. I have been...
backyardbill
If you were to stay in a Bed and Breakfast
What would you expect to have in your room? Hubby and...
trisha57_ny
Branson, Missouri........
Here we come!! August 25 - September 1st. Any suggestions,...
christy2828
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™