Found a Nice Old Window

craftylady-2006July 7, 2007

I found a great old window yesterday and have been wanting to do something like this since I see it in my country decorating mags. I placed it on top of a sea chest which I also found and hung my recently made Americana Sheep Wreath from it. I got the old tool box at an antique store and then added the stacking boxes and oil lamp also. I really like this look, so country simple.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cheri_C

Hey Sal, That is really awesome!!! What a great find on that window. Your display looks really great, as always!!!

Bookmark   July 7, 2007 at 12:38PM
robolady

Love it, I'm gonna add it to my windows page. the whole setting looks great.

Here is a link that might be useful: Windows

Bookmark   July 7, 2007 at 11:03PM
lydia1959

Looks great!!

Bookmark   July 8, 2007 at 10:57AM
craftylady-2006

Thank you for the wonderful comments. It's also from this forum that I get my inspiration on decorating. There are so many great "designers" among us.

Margo, I am honored again that you have chosen something of mine for your website. I feel like such a celebrity!

Bookmark   July 8, 2007 at 12:24PM
haziemoon

Wow crafty! that is such a beautiful display!
Magazine perfect. Really great job!

Hazie

Bookmark   July 8, 2007 at 6:47PM
pattyprout

I found about 5 old windows, I am going to paint them and put a shelf on the bottom and on the back put material with velcro on it so I can change the theme with the seasons. and make matching pillows. Hope it works.

Bookmark   July 9, 2007 at 8:14PM
luckygal

Thank you for this inspiration! So glad I saw this thread as I have an old trunk I didn't know what to do with now that I have rearranged. It will make a nice vignette in my shabby chic guest room.

Bookmark   July 10, 2007 at 2:13PM
countrygrl

Not only is that a great window, but you just have such a knack for putting things together in nice little settings. Not everyone can do that. It's a talent!

Bookmark   July 10, 2007 at 2:36PM
kudzukween

That's a cute setting, you sure found some nice stuff. Glad you decided to keep the chest inside:)lol Was the window already the right color? Great job on the setting, I really like it a lot!

Bookmark   July 10, 2007 at 5:11PM
craftylady-2006

Yes the window was already painted my favorite shade of red (Rookwood Red by Americana decorative paints). Whether or not this is that particular color, it's perfect for the rest of the setting in that room. Kudz, I'm also glad I bought the trunk back inside, it is pretty and in good shape. Maybe I'll find another one for outside planting.

Patty, and others for that matter, have you been to Robolady's website yet? She has some wonderful tips and tricks for easy decorating, including how you'd like to do that window Patty.

Bookmark   July 10, 2007 at 6:48PM
More Discussions
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!
I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate...
forboystoo
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
Making lamp shades
I bought an old lamp at a thrift store and can't find...
BJB-TX
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™