Bed shelf

chuckr30July 29, 2005

I have allergies and go through a lot of kleenex. I also like to read in bed. I also sleep on a top bunk, the bottom bunk has a terrible mattress. So I needed a shelf. It's a simple thing, a vertical piece of wood for mounting, and the horizontal part. Plus 2 triangle pieces for support.

Originally I wanted the triangle supports pieces below the shelf. But I turned it upside down and liked it better this way. Add a little paint and I'm done. I used drywall screws and wood glue to put it together.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaybird

Chuck you are just doing too good a job with these shelves....I need one for my bathroom!!!! There is nothing quite as useful as a little shelf RIGHT WHERE YOU NEED IT!!! Thanks for making them look so simple...now I have to get busy!! (but I'll soon find out they are NOT so simple :^)

Bookmark   July 29, 2005 at 1:19PM
TwoMonths

Chuck, you could change the mattresses you know. I see by your other posts that you are one busy guy.

Now that is a great shelf. But something is missing. Where is the trash receptacle for the used kleenex. I have used a second empty kleenex box and toss when full...that way I have a complete cycle going. ha ha. but then if I forget to buy it...I use a roll of that other paper and stuff the used in the roll. tee hee. Great Grandmas do the strangest things you know.

Bookmark   July 29, 2005 at 11:36PM
chuckr30

I thought about swapping mattresses, but the bottom bunk is a double, top is a single. Neat, huh?

Wastebasket is on floor. Usually I don't miss. :)

Jaybird, it's not really that hard. The shelf is just 2 pieces of rectangular wood, same size. Plus 2 pieces of triangle wood. You know how you get 2 triangles? Cut a square in half diagonally. Viola! (For fun I say "vi-oh-la"!)

This gray shelf took me about 30 minutes to make, another 30 to spray paint (about 3 coats of 10 minutes each). I found gray paint on clearance for $.20 per can.

I got the wood free. It was wood siding on a 50 year old garage.

Bookmark   August 3, 2005 at 11:30AM
More Discussions
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
New uses for old stuff
I've read many good posts on what to do with clothes...
jtribe1234
wedding dress?
ok, i have a wedding dress. it's quite huge, as most...
beckerster
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™