cardboard furniture

steiconiJuly 8, 2009

does anybody here make cardboard furniture? I've seen some great pictures, and would like to try it.

Lee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nonacook

I kept an article from years ago about cardboard furniture--It sounded interesting to me too.
But I never did make any!

Bookmark   July 16, 2009 at 9:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tinajok

When I was in college (many, many years ago) one of the art projects we did was making cardboard furniture. I made a table that I used as a nightstand for many years. I know I don't have a picture of it, but it was sturdy and withstood a lot of abuse. If I recall correctly, it was made with many layers of corrugated cardboard glued (laminated) together. It had an open front and a shelf, too.

I've seen pictures of chairs made with laminated corrugated cardboard that has been carved into a shape to fit a human (like an elongated 's' curve) that look really neat and are probably very comfortable.

As to getting started, just go for it. Draw out what you want to create and then try it. If it doesn't work, you haven't spent a whole lot of money and any successes or failures would just enhance your learning experience.

Good Luck!
Tina

Bookmark   July 29, 2009 at 12:39PM
More Discussions
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
New uses for old stuff
I've read many good posts on what to do with clothes...
jtribe1234
Fairy dwelling made from scrap material
I have this huge Maple tree which keeps shedding bark...
joyfulflowers
Recomend glue for fabric?
I have a lampshade that is lifting at the seam. What...
honugirl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™