all-inclusive advice

mom2emallFebruary 2, 2008

My dh and I want to take our kids (who range in age from 5-11) on vacation. We would like to go somewhere tropical AND all-inclusive that has a kids program and lots of water activities. We do not have tons to spend. Anyone been anywhere wonderful with their kids that was reasonably priced? There are just so many places to chose from I have a headache already from searching all morning!!

Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cindyandmocha

Hi Mom2,

I don't have kids, so that lets me out of that loop. However, 3 years ago, my husband and I went on an all-inclusive vacation to Jamaica. We went to Grand Lido Negril (sorry, no kids allowed). However, they are owned by SuperClubs, who also have kids-allowed resorts in many locations. SuperClubs owns the "Breezes" all-inclusive resorts. If they're half as nice as Grand Lido then they're great.

I really wanted to go to Grand Lido, but it's waaaay expensive. We used "SkyAuction.com" to book our vacation and got a BARGAIN. We got 8 nights for around $1100, and it's normally at least 6 grand for that. You may want to check out skyauction and see what you can come up with. I know they also auction many other vacation, including disney cruises.

Bookmark   February 4, 2008 at 5:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meg711

Sorry to hijack but I feel compelled to post about skyauction. I found out about them recently and thought it was a great thing. Then I did a further search and found many many Better Business Bureau complaints about them. Apparently some people have great success with skyauction and others feel they've been ripped off. You should also read the fine print on all their auctions as the extras really add up. Please research it for yourself before you decide to bid. Good luck!

Bookmark   February 11, 2008 at 11:12AM
More Discussions
Road trip MA to Chattanooga, TN
We are planning a family roadtrip from MA to Chattanooga...
crystalshoe
Bucharest late July / early August
My 2 kids and I have the opportunity to meet my husband...
strayerdarb
Fall in the Smoky Mountains Advice, Please
Our family of 10 wants to rent a cabin in the Fall...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Terrible Lake House Vacation Experience... Any Advice?
I posted this on the Home Decorating forum, which I...
bestyears
Key West: Any "must see's"?
Got the condo and plane tickets booked. We have a...
jewelisfabulous
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™