Sillite scr in island pic?

juleecatMay 23, 2013

Our new island was installed yesterday-carpenters overlooked cutting electrical box holes and light switch on end panels. (They need to return to install shoe molding after floor tiling is completed and they will cut the holes at that time) Doing some searching, I stumbled across sillites. Not having much luck searching for pix or feedback on their functionality. Cleanup sink is in the island however most of my appliances prep work is usually done on the perimeter, so the outlets on the island will rarely be used. Anyone able to provide pictures and/or feedback? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
FingNugSnug

We used Sillites in our new island. Like you, I rarely use them, but they sure come in handy when I need an extra outlet. I positioned 2 of them on an end that faces the cooktop, so they cannot be seen when entering the kitchen. The outlet covers are paintable and I used the touch up paint that came with cabinets...pretty good match. My only complaint is that it is sometimes difficult to insert a plug, but it always does go in and functions properly. I will try to post a photo...have to wait for kids to come home to help me!

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 5:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
badgergal

There are some posts and pictures of sillite outlets in the link below

Here is a link that might be useful: sillite in island

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 5:42PM
More Discussions
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Can you please take a look at my layout?
I'm currently getting quotes for cabinets and want...
Carolyn
raee - any tips for cabinet maker you recommended?
Sorry, I still seem to be unable to figure out how...
oasisowner
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™