route 71 in Arkansas

linda7February 9, 2004

We are about to take a trip to Texas and are going to take a different route. Does anyone know what the road is like from Joplin Missouri down through Arkansas to Texarkana on route 71? It is marked as a scenic route. We have taken "scenic" routes before and they have taken way to much time. Any help would be appreciated. Linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
killinsnakes

It is very scenic, but also a very curvy narrow road through the mountains. Nice drive if you don't have any traffic, like an RV or semi that has to go slow. If you are not in a hurry, it is nice.

Bookmark   February 12, 2004 at 9:08AM
linda7

Thanks for the information. We drove another road like that and we enjoyed the view but not the semis that were driving to fast. I think we will take the interstate. Thanks again.

Bookmark   February 13, 2004 at 7:30PM
Jonesy

I am familar with 71 from Joplin to Fayetteville, it is a 4 laner. I am not sure of the highway # from there on. I do know there is a new 4 lane road through the mountain range, it runs from Fayetteville to Van Buren - Ft Smith area. We take the old road sometime and you won't find semis on it with the new road finished. I love it there and would move there in a minute.

Bookmark   March 3, 2004 at 12:38AM
Don_

I drove Hwy 71 from Joplin to Texarkana on a business trip and even though my mind was on the business side I enjoyed every minute of the trip. It is lovely. Jonesy if it weren't for the bugs I would move right beside you. My parents came from southern Missouri and it and northern Arkansas are beautiful.

Bookmark   March 18, 2004 at 6:52PM
Jonesy

The only thing different I found about the bugs, they have lots of ticks. I think I could adjust to those if I could live there. My cousin just pulls them off and rubs a little bar soap on the spot. They don't even worry about the head. I just want to live anywhere there is some water and lots and lots of trees, especially pines.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   March 20, 2004 at 11:55PM
whazzup

Ohhh my home state. I miss it! :(

Bookmark   March 22, 2004 at 9:15PM
More Discussions
Mt Magazine in Arkansas
For those of you who love nature and live close enough...
emma
Savannah GA and Hilton Head SC
Had a friend recently tell us about the above two places....
des_arc_ya_ya
jujujojo_gw
rfid?
How do you feel about these RFID wallets and purses...
scpalmetto
Things to do in Italy
We are going on a family vacation to Italy this July....
recordstraight
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™