Coronado

joyce_6333February 16, 2007

My daughter and I are going to Coronado for 4 days in May. She has 5 children, so it's hard for her to get away even for a few hours. So this is going to be a special time for us.

W're excited to be staying at the "Del". Since we're paying through the nose for our lodging, could someone recommend moderately priced things for the two of us to do on the island. We will have a car.

Thanks !!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sable_ca

You are going to love the Del! It is truly beautiful and unique. My husband and I splurged on a week there several years ago. We had vacationed in San Diego often and always went to the Del for lunch.

I don't recall many special things on Coronado Island itself, other than walking and driving through its pretty residential neighborhoods. But San Diego has plenty to do and see. There is the lighthouse on Point Loma, which is around the Bay on the other side of Coronado. You can take a picnic lunch and enjoy the spectacular view. There's La Jolla, for walking, window-shopping and lunch or dinner. L.J. is the ultimate California town, with a lovely ocean shore and a casual atmosphere. There's San Diego Old Town, which has historic buildings, more cool international shops, and great Mexican food. The concierge at the Del will be able to give you many suggestions.

If I were the mother of five, I might want to mainly relax at the Del, have some massages at their spa, sit on the terrace with a good drink, and just walk on the beach. Have a great time!

Bookmark   February 19, 2007 at 11:05PM
More Discussions
Branson, Missouri........
Here we come!! August 25 - September 1st. Any suggestions,...
christy2828
Key West: Any "must see's"?
Got the condo and plane tickets booked. We have a...
jewelisfabulous
Hotels with best free breafast....which is best?
It seems as though all hotels have a free breakfast....
robar
myrtle beach......winter rental.....extended stay
Could anyone recommend a quality reasonably priced hotel/resort...
robar
Things to do in Italy
We are going on a family vacation to Italy this July....
recordstraight
Sponsored Products
Coronado 4-piece Comforter Set and Euro Sham Separates
Overstock.com
Coronada 26 3/4" Wide White Gold 5-Light Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Coronado Bronze Two-Light Bath Fixture
$77.90 | Bellacor
Coronado Newspaper Holder
Signature Hardware
Coronado Imperial Bronze Pendant
$159.90 | Bellacor
Lifesmart Hot Tubs & Accessories Coronado DLX 7-Person Hot Tub Spa with
Home Depot
Livex Coronado 6134-58 4-Candle Wall Sconce - 21.75H in. Imperial Bronze - 6134-
$139.90 | Hayneedle
Patio Living Concepts Lamps Coronado 15 in. Outdoor White Table Lamp with Straw
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™