Site for Uses for Old Ladders?

des_arc_ya_yaJune 7, 2005

Anybody know of a good one? I found a few, but most just show one idea and that's a plant ladder! LOL Would like to find one with photos, if possible. Thanks!

Just aquired two long old wooden ladders for free! (Well, they cost me a thumbnail! LOL)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cheri_C

I just bought 2 small wooden ladders at a garage sale. I saw in a store where they had hung a ladder from the ceiling with chains and It was at Christmas time and they had it decorated with twinkle lights and christmas greenery. It was really cute. My DH built me a cottage and I'm going to hang them in their and hang stuff from them.
Hope you get alot of ideas.

Bookmark   June 8, 2005 at 10:26PM
lydia1959

Here's a picture of a shorter ladder turned into a shelf unit. I have a short ladder than leans against the wall and hanging on the rungs are a couple vintage baby quilts. How about using them as trellis' for some large climbing plant?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   June 9, 2005 at 11:42AM
kristal

If you garden at all, you caould lay it on the ground and use the sections for an herb garden.

Bookmark   June 15, 2005 at 11:27PM
mzmarty

I saw this post last week and had to wait to answer til I had time to "join". So I'm new here, but have some ideas for an old ladder. We made a hanger for pots and pans from about 3 feet of the ladder. Hung it with a chain and put hooks on to whole pans. With the rest of the ladder, I am going to mount a mirror behind the rungs and hang it longways across the wall. If these ideas are not clear, I will try to post a pic or two.

Bookmark   June 28, 2005 at 1:56PM
TwoMonths

I saw on TV some time ago where they took a long ladder and cut it and made it into a star shaped shelf...it was great. Maybe on Debbie Travis. I have seen them used as magazine racks in bathrooms or family rooms. Also as a quilt rack.

Also, do a search on this forum for many good ideas.

Bookmark   June 29, 2005 at 1:28AM
alinehuey

I have a step ladder in my flower garden that I planted vines and am anticipating how it will look.
Also I use a ladder to hold up my tomatoe plants. I use posts pounded in the soil to position the ladder horizontally above the plants,tie the ladder at the posts so they grow up throught the holes between the rungs. They flop over the rungs and it keeps them of the ground.
I have a step ladder half I want to use as a trellis against a building.
I am a gardener, can you tell?

Bookmark   July 8, 2005 at 8:41AM
simmie

DH is building an archway, for lack of the correct word, to enter out back yard out of fence posts like they use around fields, that still has the bark on them and across the top he is using an old wood ladder. He is going to plant vines around the posts and of course i will hang something t2t from the rungs. It's going to be beautiful.

Bookmark   July 21, 2005 at 8:47AM
gramma_jan_mn_zn_4

Still has the bark on. I saw somebody do an arbor with green wood like that. The next year, suckers were growing up all around it.
jan

Bookmark   July 28, 2005 at 6:39PM
janethomson

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of fruit picker's ladders. Any condition.
Regards
Jane Thomson

Bookmark   February 21, 2007 at 3:55PM
andi956

There's a new magazine out...about trash to treasure. I've only bought it once, but it had directions on how to turn a ladder into a cool bookshelf by cutting off the angle side and attaching AC vent grates to the steps.

Also using the other side as a towel rack in the bath.

You could probably figure this out yourself but you can email me and I can hunt for my copy and mail it to you.

Good luck.

Bookmark   April 6, 2007 at 7:44PM
andi956

Found some options on Decorating Cents

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_refurbish_reuse_recycle/article/0,1793,HGTV_3490_5223328_02,00.html

Bookmark   April 6, 2007 at 8:16PM
jade.d

Not my artwork, unsure of who to give credit to.

Bookmark   April 21, 2007 at 11:29PM
More Discussions
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
Old Bookcase Gets A New Coat Of Paint
This old bookcase was on its way to the trash when...
AmateurDecor101
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™