san diego

meg1199January 19, 2003

Hi there,

traveling to San Diego in February, any advice on what to do, not to do or what to see while visiting this city?

Meg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladylawyer

I love SAN DIEGO!!! I went there two years ago and hubby and I are taking our three kids there again in March. So much to do! Legoland, Wild Animal Park, if you go north to the LA area, make sure you visit the Queen Mary in Long Beach. Other than the chance to see the pandas, I didn't really think The San Diego Zoo was all that great, but Balboa Park is a huge city park (the San Diego Zoo is located in Balboa Park) with a lot to do in a very beautiful setting, about twenty different museums and attractions. Then there is Seaworld, of course. Tidepooling at La Jolla Cove is the best. Old Town State Park is a good way to kill an hour or so and get a relatively good dinner at a reasonable price. I could go on and on. I stayed at Paradise Point Resort, it's on its own island in the middle of Mission Bay. Beautiful (but pricey).

Bookmark   January 23, 2003 at 3:27PM
Katalina

Great shopping in the Cedros design district in Solana Beach. Also, the Quail Botanical Gardens in Encinitas. La Jolla village is a must, as well as the park and bay you'll find there. For nightlife, there's the Gaslamp District downtown San Diego. For the younger crowd there's Pacific Beach. I'm not that crazy about the zoo either, I like the Wild Animal Park in Escondido better. Legoland is strictly for younger kids. Sea World is OK if you've never been, kids like it. There are also lots of plays and concerts going on all the time, check out signonsandiego.com web site. Have fun!!

Bookmark   January 28, 2003 at 10:13PM
Gina_W

I'll vouch for the zoo - if you like zoos, you'll like this one. Then ditto what everyone said, plus, take the ferry to Coronado with a picnic basket for eating once you're there. The view of downtown SD from Coronado alone is worth the trip. And if you like shopping, Horton Plaza mall downtown is very cool. I'd skip LA for another time.

Bookmark   January 30, 2003 at 4:10PM
woodie2

Go to see the Hotel Del Coronado - it's worth a visit! They have tours through the hotel telling ghost stories and lots of interesting gossip and information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hotel Del

Bookmark   February 7, 2003 at 12:29PM
More Discussions
Thanksgiving for a family
Our family lives in Colorado and my mom lives back...
CORoadie
Suggestions for Winter Vacation Resort
I'd like to make a trip out west to either Montana,...
Karen10125
rfid?
How do you feel about these RFID wallets and purses...
scpalmetto
Branson, Missouri........
Here we come!! August 25 - September 1st. Any suggestions,...
christy2828
Venice, Florence, Rome
We just returned from a vacation to Italy. Had a great...
foggyj
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™