Anyone know what this could be turned into???

catlady15June 11, 2007

What could I do with this?I thought about tossing it.But than I decided to post here before throwing it away to see if anyone here had any idea what I could with this.I have no idea what it was used for.We were asked to haul some things away for the church and this was in the pile.Thanks for any ideas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftylady-2006

Looks like a letter sorter to me. I'd definitely be keeping that, love that prim/country look. Are you able to take out some of the slats and use it for displaying nick-nacks or other treasues?

Bookmark   June 11, 2007 at 5:55PM
kattydid

How big are the slots? It would be great for sheets of glass, plastic canvas, craft books, Turn it the other way and you could put felt,quilt quarters,or lay small bottles of tempra paint, brushes. I am so jealous. LOL

Bookmark   June 11, 2007 at 7:12PM
frabee

If you took out some of the slats, you could use it for a bookcase. I would definitely hang on to it though, it looks like good wood to me.

Bookmark   June 11, 2007 at 9:16PM
thrift_shop_romantic

In a more storage-oriented way, it looks about perfect for CDs.

Give it some doors or a front made of an old window and fabric, and it would store CDs without anyone ever knowing.

Here is a link that might be useful: My crafting/thrifting/decorating blog

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 8:30AM
javonne

If you don't have magazines, coloring books, construction paper, etc to put in the slots how about a coffee table. You could get a piece of glass for the top. Some colorful objects could be placed in the the slots or some strands of lights.

Bookmark   June 17, 2007 at 12:08AM
maddielee

looks like great storage for stained glass sheets...

Bookmark   June 18, 2007 at 11:02AM
kass1967

Everyone has wonderful ideas as to what to do with it. I'm thinking, since it came out of a church, that it was used to organize the choir members' folders. Each slot probably was numbered, and as each choir member came and left practice, they were able to select and return their folder to the cabinet to keep it neat and tidy. May it so help you! Kass

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 6:57PM
More Discussions
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™