Look Out Mountain in Georgia, Tennesse

minroseJanuary 18, 2003

I am intrigued by this civil war historic mountain, can anyone tell me about it, the best views, etc.....Probably planning to stop there, next trip we take. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Janis_G

There are some civil war sites on Lookout MT. The last time we were there we took the incline car ride up the mountain and could walk to the best view overlooking Chattanooga.
The best Battlefield of course is Chickamauga in FT. Oglethorpe Georgia which is close to Chattanooga. You can go to the visitors center there and then drive through the battlefield at your leisure. The visitors center has one of the best book stores pertaining to the history of the civil war. Chattanooga of course has the aquarium and of course there is the famous Ruby Falls on Lookout MT. You take a high speed elevator down into the mt. and then walk through a cave where the falls are. Don't expect a big water fall or you will be disappointed. It was interesting with the different formations in the cave but if you have claustrophobia don't go. Good luck.

Janis

Bookmark   February 2, 2003 at 8:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minrose

Thanks!!!

Bookmark   February 23, 2003 at 1:12PM
More Discussions
Where is a good, fun, one day trip in Michigan to visit?
I am looking for something to do with my family over...
mludtke
Venice, Florence, Rome
We just returned from a vacation to Italy. Had a great...
foggyj
Suggestions for Winter Vacation Resort
I'd like to make a trip out west to either Montana,...
Karen10125
Free breakfast.....which hotels have the best food?
It seems that all the hotels have a free breakfast...
robar
Is Disney World getting to expensive?
I just took my family to Disney World. I have been...
backyardbill
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™