Next Summer Vacation?

pkockJanuary 1, 2004

I need ideas!

We'll be traveling *somewhere* either the 1st or 2nd week of August. Our budget isn't great - $1500 tops for three adults and two kids age 6 and 8. My mom will be with us - she's 70 and in good health but can't walk long distances; she's got a "scooter" that rides behind our van in a little trailer. And we're not fond of flying. We're coming from SW Ohio, and need to find a trip that takes two days or less in the car.

We've been to FL and Gatlinburg many times, went to New Buffalo MI and VA Beach a couple years ago, and my mom's vetoing any destinations to the northeast. There have got to be other nice places for our family - help me find them. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nedraw

I was going to suggest the Canadian side of Niagra Falls, but that's to the northeast.

How about the Lexington KY araa? The Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill, the fort at Harrodsburg, the horse farms in the Lexington area, and the craft shops at Berea if you like to shop? It should be reasonablably priced, and cover a lot of interests.

Bookmark   January 1, 2004 at 11:08AM
ruthanna_gw

What about Williamsburg, VA? Colonial Williamsburg is very nice and there are lots of moderately priced accomodations in the area. The kids would love Busch Gardens and the one think I liked about it was that there were beautiful gardens and lots of seating while the kids were on the rides.

Bookmark   January 14, 2004 at 9:57AM
melodie_il

I vote for Willamsburg, VA. We were there a couple of years ago and can't wait to go again. Also many places around the area that are so interesting like Jamestown, where our nation began, and the battle fields of Yorktown.
Have a wonderful time.

Bookmark   January 18, 2004 at 1:30PM
More Discussions
Road trip MA to Chattanooga, TN
We are planning a family roadtrip from MA to Chattanooga...
crystalshoe
myrtle beach......winter rental.....extended stay
Could anyone recommend a quality reasonably priced hotel/resort...
robar
Is Disney World getting to expensive?
I just took my family to Disney World. I have been...
backyardbill
Mt Magazine in Arkansas
For those of you who love nature and live close enough...
emma
Travel By Bus
Travelers can easily obtain complete schedule and fare/rate...
drosan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™