Family Friendly Florida Beaches?

BombShelleJanuary 2, 2003

My husband and I will be traveling to Florida with our 7yr. old daughter at the end of April (the week after Easter). We've been trying to learn as much about the various Florida beaches as possible....we'd rather not find ourself immersed in a Spring Break-young, wild, single scene-type of atmosphere. We really aren't interested in Disney....we want sand, surf and preferably a great swimming pool.

Can anyone suggest a beach resort where we can find what we're looking for?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sharon_fl

May I suggest? St Pete Beach on the Gulf of Mexico. You'll find life more 'laid back' than on the east coast-gorgeous sand & surf & lots to do within a 10 drive up & down Gulf Boulevard. The link provided is a great place..the swimming pool even has a bridge over it! They own 3 neighboring hotels-even have gondola rides between 2 that I know of. Also "Kids Night Out"-so mom & dad get an evening to themselves. You can go from St Pete north on Gulf Blvd-up to Clearwater Beach, (about 12 miles)-they have a "Pirate ship cruise" your daughter would enjoy..this link has oodles of hotels listed on the right sidebar. Come on down!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tradewinds Grand

Bookmark   January 3, 2003 at 8:20AM
More Discussions
jujujojo_gw
Free breakfast.....which hotels have the best food?
It seems that all the hotels have a free breakfast...
robar
Family Friendly Rafting
Hi! We are looking to take our kids ages 6, 9 &...
Supermom74
Savannah GA and Hilton Head SC
Had a friend recently tell us about the above two places....
des_arc_ya_ya
Things to do in Italy
We are going on a family vacation to Italy this July....
recordstraight
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™