Need help with dresser redo

katsmaJune 22, 2012

Let me start with the dresser history..My mom was a stay at home mom while we were growing up and we didn't have much money to spend on things. She made dresses for the neighbor ladies until she had saved enough money to buy a "real bedroom suite" for my room. This was 30 years ago and she has gifted it to us for our new house. The dresser is currently in my daughter's bedroom but it really needs an update bad and I have no idea where to even start. Her room is a deep lilac with green/grayish carpet and bright white trim. The dresser is made of pale yellow wood with metal handles. Any ideas any of you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lavendrfem

Lovely piece! Maybe you could change the handles- something like the little glass ones (they come in different vintage colors also). I wouldn't want to lose that detail on the outside ....something to make it stand it out. Since the flowers look like violets, maybe paint them in a deeper purple with darker green leaves than what is there now. Because of the rooms colors, stick with green for the base coat...but maybe a more muted green - like sage. The lined border on each drawer you could play up with a gold color.
Just a thought!
Estelle

Bookmark   June 23, 2012 at 7:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katsma

Great ideas!!! Thank you so much!

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 2:45PM
More Discussions
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
Fairy dwelling made from scrap material
I have this huge Maple tree which keeps shedding bark...
joyfulflowers
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
From Henredon Dresser to Living Room Console
You only get lucky a few times in life and this time...
AmateurDecor101
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™