'Purplelion Pig' Whip

crackpotannieApril 28, 2008

Here's a chubby Purple Pig I'm doing while I wait to get back to my head ,it looks blue but really irid.purple and very sparkly.I bought 5 of these fat pigs in Mexico for 17.00ea,the next one is going to be a Texas Pig...then a calypso one in bright colors.I am attaching tails on them from beads since they had no tails...poor piggy poor piggy.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bamasusanna

Ha!! LOVE the tail. He'll be very cute.
Sooo, why are you stalling on the head?

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 4:27PM
pjtexgirl

HOW Cute!!! It's Phantom of the Opera piggy! LOL! PJ

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 4:46PM
crackpotannie

Boy what was I doing???I meant Purplelious Pig Wip,wish you could make corrections on this site.I'm putting my head off because I had a move for my son and all,and now a trip to Puerto Vallerta.Just wasn't into it yet.

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 6:29PM
carolann_z8

He's a cutie alright.

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 7:18PM
nicethyme

Great pig, Annie! love your swirllies and that tail is CUTE!!!!

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 7:53PM
silvamae

''while I'm waiting to get back to my head?''

We all know what you mean but I can only imagine what a brand new newbie would wonder . . . hahaha, OMG, us mosaicers are a breed apart.

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 8:16PM
squirrellycanadian

Did you bring all 5 piggies home in your suitcase?! They look fat and heavy and oh sooooo cute! Love your ideas for them, anything blue and swirly makes me happy.

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 8:21PM
Calamity_J

He is wonderful!!! I was at my Garden Show this last weekend and thought, I'd like to do some more pigs!!!
LOVE the tails you are making, VERY CUTE!!!

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 9:23PM
crackpotannie

Oh,I live on the border,we drive across all the time...Not sure about grout on this one ??I'm thinking a lavender purple,just a little lighter than the irid glass or maybe a dark purple?

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 12:13AM
cindiloo

Hey, Purplelion Pig Whip could be a name for a fancy desert! She's awfully cute...I think she needs a blingy tiara, LOL!

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 2:30AM
texaswild

Oh, CRACK - how cute is THAT? Love the beads for the tail and love the color combo - very creative - I wouldn't have thought of the beaded tail. FIVE - hmmmm - I feel a sale item in the making - you going to an event w/these? FIVE???? Or do you have places in the gardens for them - gifts??? F.I.V.E.

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 8:32AM
siriusmosaics

I love the combination of colors you're using. That would be so cute to see five pigs all colorful sitting together.

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 9:15AM
crackpotannie

Hopefully a sale someday LOL!!!Couldn't pass up the price and thought pigs might be good sellers.

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 1:31PM
daisyme

Oh, I want her so bad! She's wonderful! Oh, the colors! The Tail! She's PERFECT! How fun! I love the idea of putting a group of them together. I'm also interested to see how you manage the ears. I can hardly wait to see when she's done. She will be wonderful! More pictures, please!

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 5:04PM
crackpotannie

I'm packing for mexico so this probably won't be done for a couple of weeks.I made a couple for my daughter out of china and the ears turned out good,hope I can do them out of glass o.k.These were so heavy they cost 60.00 ea to ship.

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 11:59PM
cindiloo

OMG!! Those china pigs are AWESOME!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those!!!

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 1:59AM
texaswild

Oh, I remember these, CRACK. You have a thing about pigs as I do nichos. I'll bet you come home from PV w/inspiration to "go native". Oh, I forgot - you live right there near, and already KNOW about the wonderful Mexican art.

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 8:37AM
foxglove44

Whooooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Those are cute piggies. I love their curly bead tails.

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 5:57PM
crackpotannie

Anybody know how to change the post title without starting a new one?

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 8:21PM
daisyme

Oh, your pigs are so great! I love them all, but am in love with the new one you're working on. I looked at pigs at our flea market, but didn't find anything as wonderful as those. You must have a ball seeing the personalities they develop as they're coming together. Yikes! It takes that much to mail them?

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 8:32PM
pjtexgirl

Or the whole thread???
Those pigs are just so darn cute and really neat looking at the same time. PJ

Bookmark   May 1, 2008 at 12:20AM
crackpotannie

I meant the whole thread since I meant to call it Purplelious Pig......should watch what I'm doing.Don't want to lose this thread tho so I'll just leave my mistake.LOL

Bookmark   May 1, 2008 at 9:32AM
cait1

WOW!! Love the Purple Pig!! And those china ones... double WOW!! Love how you put the chicky on one of them. That is just too cute.

Bookmark   May 4, 2008 at 2:33AM
crackpotannie

Here's an update,she's much bigger and fatter than she looks,2 full sheets of glass on her so far and still not done.Need help with grout color?????I was going to use a pale lavender like the snout and inside of ears but don't it to turn ou to childlike,but would charcoal be too dark with all the irid purple????Need suggestions,thanks

Bookmark   May 25, 2008 at 6:55PM
fiddlekate

This is darling!
Love the irid glass... and the aqua swirls! So cute! I'm not that experienced... but I like your idea of charcoal grout... seems like it will draw everything together.

Bookmark   May 26, 2008 at 8:18PM
Calamity_J

OH YES!!! Charcoal grout!!! Please grout soon!!!lol! What Eye Candy!

Bookmark   May 27, 2008 at 12:23AM
bluestarrgallery

Sou--eeee! What a cute family of pigs. I love the little chick on the one pig. Very wonderful work.

Bookmark   May 27, 2008 at 1:27AM
texaswild

BEAUTIFUL, CRACK - oh, the grout dilemma - doncha hate it? You'll figure it out.

Bookmark   May 27, 2008 at 7:59AM
crackpotannie

Here's some more pig's in waiting,purple now has striped leg's and is awaiting purple grout.The other's are a Texas flag pig in red,white and blue with a star and red bead tail,the other is starting out with red hearts on it's rear and it will have black and white checks in the middle and 2 other sections being played out as I go,still got 2 more not shown ...

Bookmark   June 1, 2008 at 5:43PM
mermaidmosaics

Annie,

Please tell how you do all those curlys??? They are so cool and when I tried myself they never turn out like yours.

Do you draw the lines and then mosaic?? And if you draw the lines, how the heck can you make them so perfect???

Thanks, I love all those piggies and would love to see them all together. Hope you have fun in Mexico

Bookmark   June 5, 2008 at 9:00PM
Calamity_J

Veeeerrry cute pigs!

Bookmark   June 5, 2008 at 11:40PM
texasfern

Wow! Those are just wonderful!
I haven't been to Mexico in years, I may need to make a trip.
I'm kinda cheesy, so the color pink popped into my mind for gout.
Have a wonderful trip!

Bookmark   June 6, 2008 at 10:26AM
crackpotannie

Mermaid i just take a piece of chalk and start switling,nothing in mind when I start..worked on the other one all weekend,it's now checkered black and white also,waoitn on glass for the rest and purple grout for the other one,in between babysitting teenagers all week!

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 3:03PM
mermaidmosaics

THNKS Annie, I just love all of those pigs. Can't wait to see the one you are working on. I was reading about swirls and they were saying you had to make sure your curlycues were perfectly spaced for it to turn out right, and you have done that, your's look great. I was thinking of getting out my old compass or tracing because my brain does NOT computer "perfectly spaced" LOL

Bookmark   June 10, 2008 at 4:51PM
daisyme

Oh, Ann! You've started another couple of your adorable pigs! I love the hearts on the one's rear. Each one of your pieces is so unique and special. What an artist you are. Keep posting those pics. I sure love them.

Bookmark   June 11, 2008 at 2:49PM
texaswild

BEAUTIFUL, CRACK. Your work is sooooooo persnickety and perfect. Especially love the striped feet on purple swirly. Anxious to see you start on your Riana planter.

Bookmark   June 11, 2008 at 5:24PM
More Discussions
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
Clock
Finished recently
wackyweeder
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
What sort of grout for a birdbath?
I've mosaiced lots of stuff that lives outside but...
1wanderer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™