Another free design website - for tile

marti8aDecember 28, 2009

This is kind of neat if you want to see what tile would look like in your room or cabinets - of if you want to find a border to go with tile.

Daltile Planner

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Shades_of_idaho

OH WOW I just spent the evening laying out tile on our master bath counter trying to decide on a design. Wanting to use up what tile I already have with a minimum amount to add to it. I think I have it worked out if I can find some pretty colored tiles to use as fill in.

This will be fun to use. Thanks

Chris

Bookmark   December 29, 2009 at 1:20AM
marti8a

Chris, would it work to do a mosaic border on the floor, or would the sharp edges of the pieces be a problem?

Bookmark   December 29, 2009 at 12:29PM
Shades_of_idaho

Marti, One thing to consider it why the tiles cracked on the edges. There might be a weakness in the edges.

I would think a border would be great. Just be sure to get tiles that match up to the ones you have. the floor tiles might be thicker then counter tiles. I have noticed most adds will state the thickness.

Chris

Bookmark   December 30, 2009 at 11:43AM
marti8a

I think the GW gremlins ate one of my responses. The tiles that are cracked are near the edge of the room, but the tiles are cracked in the middle of each - in an area where there was a dip in the concrete and wasn't leveled enough before tiling. The whole area would have to come out and be re-leveled and then retiled, so I thought it would be a good time to add a border there.

Bookmark   December 30, 2009 at 6:02PM
Moccasin

Thanks for the Daltile link. Seems like I knew it was there, but never needed it. My surfaces range from kitchen floor to backsplash.

And I'll probably use the Italian porcelain Roman Salmon color, which is the tile we have down in the sun porch and in the new bath. Hubby likes it, and so do I. I am very fond of flower pot tones. And I know that in the kitchen, our countertops will be some kind of Silestone quartz. Hubby picked the color for his Cape Cod cottage in MA, and it was Silestone Stellar Snow...absolutely fantastic surface to work on, and that color goes with white cabinets and mottled black/gray granite tile floor. I want a quartz top that sparkles like that one.

Bookmark   January 21, 2010 at 11:58AM
More Discussions
Goodbye.....
After being "here" for a many years, since...
pyreneesparent
Getting older and keeping up
Just reading Stephs recent post about getting help...
kitykat
Remodel almost home.
I've had fun the last few days, because I started "shopping...
Moccasin
What do you consider a 'big' home?
If under 2000sq ft is considered a "small"...
pekemom
xpost interior storm windows
I posted this on the windows forum but not getting...
Imhappy&Iknowit IOWA zone 6b
Sponsored Products
Bridesmaid Personalized Ceramic Tile
$16.99 | zulily
Sample-Stanza Ming Green Marble Tile
$2.99 | TileBar
Kas Rugs Blinds & Shades Classic Tile Works Multi 3 ft. 3 in. x 4 ft. 11 in.
$89.97 | Home Depot
ilomio | Enoteca Pendant Light
$675.00 | YLighting
Area Rug: Party Tiles Green/Cream 5' x 7' 6"
Home Depot
4" Solid Bronze Wall Tile with Seahorse Design - Bronze Patina
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™