using old grill for potting bench

hallngardenJune 10, 2005

Think I have seen pictures on this site of using an old grill for a potting bench. Neighbors placed on the street an old grill last night. I plan to use as a potting bench. Thought the side pieces would be wonderful to work on, and there are two metal racks under the bottom. Thought I would use the bin on top for cooking to put my compost soil for potting and would be easy enough to have the pots sitting on the side. Please give me ideas or where I can find pictures of what others of you have done to convert to potting bench. Thanking you in advance.

Hallngarden

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Vangy

Great idea.
I have a small old grill in my son converted to use charcoal, taking up space in my backyard. Would like to see pic's & ideas.

Vangy plays in the dirt too

Bookmark   June 25, 2005 at 8:06AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaceysgranny

I used the frame for a grill, took off the grill itself and placed the back grill off a refrigerator on top as a workbench. It doesn't have anywhere to put the soil but there is a shelf at the bottom and the grill table top lets the spilled soil fall thru. It's easy to wash off and best of all it rolls around to where I want it. I love it. I need to replace a few boards on the bottom and it can use a paint job. Notice how the grill top has "handles" on the end opposite the wheels. Here's the pic.

Nancy

Bookmark   July 10, 2005 at 12:44PM
More Discussions
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
Definitely not trash, but a real treasure. Exceptional find!
A quick look-see stop in Habitat for Humanity's 'Restore'...
adaorand
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!
I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate...
forboystoo
From Henredon Dresser to Living Room Console
You only get lucky a few times in life and this time...
AmateurDecor101
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™