tapmaster install question

michoumonsterMay 3, 2013

Hi all,
we are having our tapmaster begrudgingly installed by our GC. we got the 1775 model. Our GC says that the tapmaster does not fit securely on the fittings. he says it can eventually leak/pop out.
I was wondering if anyone had this issue also? it seems like nobody has ever complained about it on the forum before, so maybe we are missing some parts? thanks for any advice!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
judeNY

I suspect it is a problem with the installer. The place I ordered it from was very helpful with installation tips. I would call them.

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 10:38PM
breezygirl

No such issue with my Euro 1775. Mine came from Conserv-a-store.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 1:25AM
Frowly1989

Well, we installed a 1775 euro under our kitchen sink and it works fine. If you really think you might be missing some parts just check for these. a toe lever, two switches, faucet and the tubes that tie all these together.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Renovations Toronto

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 3:23AM
Frowly1989

Well, we installed a 1775 euro under our kitchen sink and it works fine. If you really think you might be missing some parts just check for these. a toe lever, two switches, faucet and the tubes that tie all these together.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Renovations Toronto

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 3:24AM
michoumonster

thanks everyone. so our gc explained that we are not missing any parts. just that he thinks the tapmaster design is flawed. apparently the valve connection that goes into the hot/cold lines is smooth rather than grooved. then a nut is tightened around it.
here is the installation diagram. i put a red arrow where the valve is smooth for you to see.

he thinks that at some point of high water pressure it can bust out, or it can leak over time. he warned us that he would not be responsible for leaks.. so got us a little worried..
but it seems nobody has had this issue?

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 3:22PM
breezygirl

I've been here for years and have never seen a Tapmaster bursting issue. It sounds to me like your GC is just CYA'ing it. My very cautious and experienced finish plumber has installed a couple different kinds of systems like Tapmaster, and he never said anything to me about mine possibly being a hazard.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 3:55PM
michoumonster

thanks Breezy, i feel better with the reassurance. we tested it out and it works fine. yeah, sounds like he is CYAing. i guess we can always retighten it again if it does leak anyway..

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 4:29PM
More Discussions
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
White Kitchens & Two Tone Kitchens?
Even though I know I sound very indecisive (sorry),...
annaw_123
Found a granite Pergaminho, is this the same as Delicatus or Alaskan ?
I've been searching for a durable island countertop...
happyallison
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
Has anyone heard of/used Hominter?
Our new house build is proceeding and while we haven't...
beckysharp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™