I have new TOYS!

sistersunnieJune 20, 2007

Finally I broke down and went searching for tools of my own instead of borrowing and sweet talking others for either the tools or the services. My usual accomplice (steppop- who is nicknamed hammer pop) is struggling with cancer, the surgeries and the aftermath, so isnt available. Couldnt buy new so asked around AND my mother said" go in your grandpops shed and see what he has" I found a b&d drill and jigsaw with all the attachments, bits, heads etc! And my grandpop's really neat wooden level!

No cost and priceless because of the sentimental value. My grandfather died years ago, but because he greased everything within an inch of its life, everything is working smoothly! I am so excited, projects watch out!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kattydid

Sister, sorry to hear about your pop, but isn't it great to have all you're own TOYS. LOL. Now get busy girl

Bookmark   June 20, 2007 at 10:49AM
thrift_shop_romantic

Ah, there will be no stopping you now you have your own toys.

Sending well wishes and good thoughts to "Hammer Pop," too!
--Jenn

Here is a link that might be useful: My crafting/thrifting/decorating blog

Bookmark   June 20, 2007 at 12:27PM
sistersunnie

I did need a chuck key and a hex tool to change out the bits and blades. Took my tools into Lowes to find the parts. The Tool Manager laughed at my tools! Seriously he did, but not making fun of them. Said it was so cool to see them, that they were classic b&d and prob collectible. Told me not to use them, were worth $$. Nope priceless to me and I will SO use them! He thanked me for sharing them with everyone,made my day!

Bookmark   June 20, 2007 at 2:22PM
craftylady-2006

How wonderful you'll be using your Grandfather's tools for your projects. I bet he is looking down from the heavens and will make sure you're projects come out perfect!

Bookmark   June 20, 2007 at 6:03PM
More Discussions
Making lamp shades
I bought an old lamp at a thrift store and can't find...
BJB-TX
Need advice on what to do with this desk!
I got this beast of a beauty at a thrift store for...
todds_sweetpea
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™