Zebra Horse...where is it???

grandmathymeJune 28, 2009

Last night, thumbing through the posts here, I came upon a thread where somebody had painted one of those plastic kiddy horses on springs and made it look like a zebra. She also made a beautiful one with the horse painted black and had sunflowers on it.

I wondered if I would ever be able to find one of those horses and AMAZINGLY this morning, I found and purchased one at a yard sale for THREE DOLLARS!!! WOO HOO!

I've searched for zebra horse, carousel horse and just about anything else I can think of, I can't find it again. If anybody can show me where to find it' I'd be DEE--LIGHTED! Thank you very much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandmathyme

I swear! I searched for hours trying to find the zebra horse picture and just seconds after I started this discussion I found the thread I was looking for! Please ignore this request!

Bookmark   June 28, 2009 at 2:46AM
kitsykat

Could you post a link to the site you found?

Thanks

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 8:47PM
concretenprimroses

Here is link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Zebra horse

Bookmark   July 2, 2009 at 12:02PM
justgotabme

I had one of those spring bouncing horses when I was little. Wish I still had it for our grandson.

Bookmark   July 2, 2009 at 9:35PM
toomuchglass

I love it. I'm wondering if that was special paint for plastic. If I had that piece - I'd certainly want it forever ... paint cracking would devistate me !

Bookmark   July 3, 2009 at 10:26PM
justlinda

Hi, the 'zebra horse' is a project of mine. I painted it with whatever I could find in the workshop. There was black & white Tremclad Paint and different brand names of acrylic leftovers from other projects. After I coated it with some spray varnish.

But as you can see, I haven't put it out in the garden as of yet. I figure that I just might be responsible if my neighbours got apoplexy. Some of them just don't appreciate my 'inventive art' ~~ lol.

I'm thrilled that so many posters have written me with their questions about my horses. Everybody needs a zebra horse, or sunflower horse, or whatever you can dream up kind of horse in their garden!

Bookmark   July 4, 2009 at 9:50PM
grandmathyme

I absolutely LOVE the sunflowers on the black horse. I couldn't find wallpaper and have been looking for other sources of sunflowers I could use. I thought of napkins, wrapping paper or fabric, but just couldn't find any that were JUST right...until yesterday. I bought a nice sunflower fabric at WalMart and will starch it before cutting out the flowers so they don't fray before I get them attached and sealed to my horse.

Once I saw this sunflower horse, I just couldn't imagine any other flower on the horse than sunflowers! I hope to get at this project soon and I'll post pics of my copy of your beautiful project justlinda when I'm done! Thanks for the inspiration!

Bookmark   July 12, 2009 at 3:07PM
More Discussions
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Sponsored Products
Mini Zebra Gray and White Rectangular: 2 Ft. 8 In. x 4 Ft. 8 In. Rug
$118.00 | Bellacor
Wonderworld Zebra Long Bench - WW-5014
$99.99 | Hayneedle
Zebra Vessel Sink in Multicolors with Waterfall Faucet
Overstock.com
Hape Toys Galloping Zebra Cart - E0373
$62.99 | Hayneedle
Pink Funky Zebra 84-inch Curtain Panel Pair
Overstock.com