Instuctions using metal or plastic pipe

joesyeMay 25, 2005

I'm trying to locate instructions for making a metal or plastic frame of a man, woman or child to dress up for my yard!! I've already done a pot lady who has a planted hat for hair!! I want to dress a frame up!! Most of the forms I've located aren't pratical for the outside weather!! Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maddiemom6

I think that PVC pipe would work like a charm... it's easy to work with.. you can cut it by hand or with a little pipe cutting gizmo.. and it's easy to solvent weld together.

maddiemom6

Bookmark   May 25, 2005 at 9:33PM
kathi_mdgd

When i made mine i used a couple coat hangers,a wig stand,and an old wooden chair.I painted the face on the wig stand with flesh color paint,made her face up,you know eye make up,lipstick etc.Dh bent the hangers together to form her shoulders.We put a dowel up into the head and attached the hanger to that.I padded the hanger with some pieces of quilt batting,so she looked like she had shoulders.Bought her a dress and hat at a garage sale,dressed her,gave her some hair,and put big earrings on her to match her dress.Sat her in the yard where she stayed for about 5 or 6 months until some A**H*** stole her.
Sent the directions to my sister in N.Y. and she also made one.She just sent me another pictures of hers last week,as she gave her new clothes this year.
I may make another when i come back from vacation.
There was a picture of mine on the garden junk forum,don't know if it's still there.
Kathi

Bookmark   June 3, 2005 at 8:42PM
wichitarick

hi ,
I like your idea with the chair ,easy.
I have been telling d.d that we will make scarecrow people for the black berry patch . maybe sun.
well I saw or thought or saw ???? the idea to just use a simple wood t a board upright with a pc. at arm height .
i practiced one last week is a 2x2 with a board across with 2 screws and I will lean this up on a fence .
but I just borrowed and idea about waist high i will put a hanger and hang my pants on then put a shirt on I have a wig mold thought of using make up and a floppy hat .
I think some variation on both these ideas would make a very good person I,m blessed witha lot of old clothes .
have an artist kid next door we talked about him drawing a face on a ply wood head siloette for a faceand head.
what I need is more a scarecrow but hey some nice clothes the right face whos to say . rick

Bookmark   June 4, 2005 at 1:06AM
More Discussions
Fairy dwelling made from scrap material
I have this huge Maple tree which keeps shedding bark...
joyfulflowers
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™