Need Ideas for using key cards

JaxxchicaMay 22, 2005

Hi

My hubby travels alot and bring me home the key cards for the rooms. They are hard plastic similiar to credit cards and I have about 1000 of them. I would like to use them to make something but not sure exactly what.

Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maddiemom6

Got kids????.. If so... take the cards and stick white stickers on the front ( disk labels are about the right size)..then drill a hole in the top center. Then list a single chore on each card. Then hang them on the " to-do" hook.. when they do it they can move them to the "done" hook! I did this with a whole bunch of formica chip samples.. it worked great!

maddiemom6

Bookmark   May 22, 2005 at 9:53PM
junkgirl

I seem to recall a commercial where Martha Stewart mosiaced a swimming pool with credit card pieces!

Bookmark   May 22, 2005 at 10:01PM
mrstan1234

i wonder if you could use that Krylon spray paint made for plastic furniture and paint them, (maybe all different colors?) and mosaic using that?

Bookmark   May 23, 2005 at 1:34PM
Adnama

Kids like to use pretend credit/debit cards. Okay, so even donating to pre-schools, that still leaves you with, like, 975 cards...

Paint, if desired, then punch holes at uniform spots top, bottom and sides of the cards, then attach w/ metal rings, 5 or 10 or however many across and then 10 or so down--mod window hanging.

Bookmark   May 26, 2005 at 12:44AM
mrstan1234

Adnama, I LOVE this idea! You could use the spray paint (meant for outdoor furniture) that I mentioned, and use these as an alternative for a screen on a porch, or covered deck... thats how I see them. to keep them from moving too much, you could fasten them at the bottom as well...

Gee... this could be done with other things as well... like maybe cds?

Bookmark   May 27, 2005 at 9:13AM
sistersunnie

I've seen this done with old slides. They fastened them top and bottom and hung row upon row of them in a window as the treatment. It reminded me of the old bead curtains we had in our doors in the 70's......

Bookmark   May 27, 2005 at 9:26AM
wichitarick

hi.
i have been saving those cards we all get in the mail for a few yrs have acan full .
I want to use them for shingles for a birdhouse or like I told d.d a barbi house I have done basi mock up with tape holding them and it looks pretty cool witht he mixed color . about the time I thought of that they started switching to the kinda papery ones , darn. don,t have a use for it but the curtain thingy would be eay to make . Rick

Bookmark   June 4, 2005 at 1:18AM
socks

Have the kids make flashcards using a Sharpee marker to learn their times tables. That's a gift for life!

Bookmark   June 6, 2005 at 7:23PM
jiju

MAybe you could use them as garden markers.

Bookmark   June 7, 2005 at 8:51AM
More Discussions
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
From Henredon Dresser to Living Room Console
You only get lucky a few times in life and this time...
AmateurDecor101
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!
I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate...
forboystoo
What would you do with a boatload of Orangina bottles?
My niece is quite fond of Orangina, and knowing how...
alison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™