Samples of Wood Picture Frames

des_arc_ya_yaMay 21, 2005

I bought two clothes baskets full this morning at a garage sale for $1.00 each. You know what I'm talking about - the little corner "jobbies" that frame shops show you when you're picking out a frame.?

I had seen a table in a magazine several years ago. (Now, doesn't stuff like that get us ALL in trouble!? LOL) Anyway, the edge of the table was finished with various colors of painted trim/molding. Hard to explain and don't have my camera here, but I was wondering if those pieces of wood could be cut in, say, 2 inch by 3 inch blocks and attached to a table. Plan on painting/staining them and then wiping part of it off for a "time worn" look.

Am I just baying at the moon????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
junkgirl

To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. - Thomas Eidson. YaYa, I think you'll figure it out! And when you do, post a picture of your table. If the mouldings were the same size or close to the same size you could stagger fit them up/down across the edge. Alice

Bookmark   May 21, 2005 at 10:09PM
des_arc_ya_ya

TTT

Anybody else? I'm still in a quandry as to what to do with them! In the meantime, I got two good Rubbermaid clothes baskets for $1.00 each, so I'm still ahead of the game! LOL

Bookmark   June 7, 2005 at 12:22AM
adellabedella_usa

Something that might look good would be to hook two half frames together to make a square and then nest several smaller squares inside. You could do several of these until the entire table top was covered. Then do your painting technique and cover with glass.

Or you could somehow put the existing strips on the table to form a zigzag pattern all the way across.

Bookmark   June 7, 2005 at 11:08PM
budster

I like Adella's idea....it would be an interesting conversation piece if nothing else. Other than that....I'd probably do something on flower boxes for the garden..would make interesting framing .....hummmmmmmm whatever be sure to post a picture.

Bookmark   June 14, 2005 at 1:21PM
More Discussions
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
wedding dress?
ok, i have a wedding dress. it's quite huge, as most...
beckerster
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™