More of my trash to treasure photos

dbfirewifeMay 20, 2011

water garden on my deck with old door and screen door behind it, old chicken coop, watering can and other old object with flowers planted in them.

Old door stood in front of a tree, old washtub on a stand with white begonias, the impaatients are in a whiskey barrell

Old chair with turkey roaster full of flowers, antique ice chest with flowers

I too have the drawers out of my grandma's kitchen. I painted scenes on the inside and outside of them, have them hanging on a brick wall of my patio

This is supposed to resemble an old kitchen area. The base of it is made out of two old barn doors, off my grandpa's barn. There is a large enamel wear dish pan with flowers, old enamel coffee pot with flowers, old water pump with old plate sitting under it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Love all of it. I remember all of my aunts on mom's side had pumps in their kitchens & then heated big pots of water to wash dishes after the huge meals. 1 aunt lived to 109 yrs old & sliced off salami every day for lunch on her homemade bread & a little side of watermelon pickles & homemade raspberry jam. I used to go out & pick berries for her. Your door with garden message looks so good & inviting. You should repost these pics on Garden Junk forum. They would love looking at them & it's a busy forum. Check it out! Jan

Bookmark   May 21, 2011 at 1:02AM
gentryart

I love how you've incorporated treasured family memories with your "recycled" art decor. Beautiful!

Bookmark   May 21, 2011 at 10:32PM
summergardener

Love it!

Bookmark   June 4, 2011 at 9:25AM
newhouseorbust

wow simply gorgeous...I could spend all day in that back yard looks so inviting

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 9:17PM
Peggs

Love all of it especially the bird painting with poem. Your flowers are gorgeous. Mine are all burning up in this Texas heat. sigh

Bookmark   June 19, 2011 at 3:53AM
Prestonsnana

Oh...it's all just lovely! I love seeing old family things used by another generation!

Bookmark   June 23, 2011 at 12:39AM
Tablerockcountrygirl

I am sooo jealous, all my plants burned up in Missouri heat, moved from Texas and didn't water soon enough. Thought Missouri would be cooler and wetter. Will know better next year.

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 1:43PM
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA

I love what you did with everything!! You're very creative with how you put everything together. I never seem to get that right. :)

Thanks for sharing!
Alicia

Bookmark   September 22, 2011 at 9:37PM
More Discussions
upholstered head board
I wish I had the two "before" pictures. This...
arcy_gw
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
making glass bird bath
found a heavy glass serving bowl. I want to attach...
lily603
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
From Henredon Dresser to Living Room Console
You only get lucky a few times in life and this time...
AmateurDecor101
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™