need an idea

patches_02May 5, 2010

Granddaughter is redoing an extra bedroom as her tv, kick around room. She has permission to decorate as she wants. She wants an idea for a ceiling light. Ceiling is standard height so it can't be something that hangs down very far. She used pipe and flanges as the curtain rods, couldn't find anything for a curtain so using shower curtains. Now she needs idea for light. Have any?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pegrini

How much light does she need? If it's a TV room, your granddaughter might not want a lot of overhead glare, so I'm thinking... this sounds nuts, but I saw a standard kitchen colander (you know, those metal things with holes you strain spaghetti in) used as a light cover and it was cute as heck! Some colanders have star patterns, some regular lines, but they are all interesting and whooda thunk?!

Here is a link that might be useful: How to make a lamp shade from a colander

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 2:43AM
patches_02

There is a light that's there now. She probably won't use it that much but she just wants something that looks different hanging there. She will have a table in there for crafts and games so she may need the light at times. No big deal.

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 8:28AM
kelly_oh

Pegrini! I was thinking the SAME thing, except drilling holes around the lip and hanging crystals or beads or whatever appeals around it to make it more like a chandelier. This might have to happen in one of my daughters' room, just have to decide which one is the lucky one :)

Bookmark   May 13, 2010 at 1:44PM
More Discussions
Definitely not trash, but a real treasure. Exceptional find!
A quick look-see stop in Habitat for Humanity's 'Restore'...
adaorand
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
What would you do with a boatload of Orangina bottles?
My niece is quite fond of Orangina, and knowing how...
alison
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™