what to do with used yankee wax?

grdnchikMay 6, 2005

SO, WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR OLD WAX AFTER YOUR CANDLE HAS MELTED AND YOU ARE LEFT WITH REMAINING WAX? I PERSONALLY USE TARTS AND I HAVE ABOUT 2LBS LEFT OF WAX, AND I DON'T WANT TO THROW IT AWAY. IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR IF YOU WANT IT DO LET ME KNOW. I WILL SEND IT FOR POSTAGE.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lillie1441

You can re melt the wax and make more tarts.Take an old coffee can or some other large can and put the wax in in it.Melt it down by placing the can of wax in a pot of boiling water.You can pour the melted wax into any kind of mold that will not melt with heat.I have used some old mini muffin tins,sturdy paper dixie cups.You can also buy little molds at Wal-mart in the craft section.I have even used flat glass plates and the disposable pie pans.Just pour in a thin layer,about 1/4 inch thick,let it set then break into small pieces to melt in a tart burner.....Lillie

Bookmark   May 6, 2005 at 5:17PM
dgo1223

OR.......since the more expensive ones like the Yankee candles have such an intense scent, I take the pieces and put them in musty smelling places or anywhere you want a good smell. I've even put them under the seat in my car. I have some right now in my kitchen pantry and it smells really nice.

Bookmark   May 6, 2005 at 5:53PM
grdnchik

Lillie, thanks for the info but I don't want to reuse the left over wax to remake another candle since the fragrance is gone or is extremely light.

If someone can use the wax do e-mail me.

Bookmark   May 6, 2005 at 5:54PM
minicrazy

GRDNCHK, you can rescent the wax. I have before. Just make sure you use a candle oil that is the same fragrance or use one that will go with the orginal scent.
Example-- I had banana nut candle wax, and added some cherry scent. Ummm---- yummy!

Heck, I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it anymore. My email is minicrazy@brtc.net if you want to email me with particulars.

Cheryl

Bookmark   May 7, 2005 at 8:49AM
More Discussions
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™