Easter Eggs

sereneseenApril 26, 2009

Hi all,

It's been long time since I posted. I've kept up with viewing post and checking out all the creative energy occuring on the forum. This past year I have been incredibly busy with work and now I am temporarily up-to-date with work so I was finally able to play around again.

Had family over for Easter so I created a quick project for everyone to make using large papermache eggs. I primed them and family painted them the first day. The second day we glued on the glass then grouted Easter Sunday. We had a lot of fun and I was surprised that my dad really got into the project. The only thing I ever saw him paint has been house walls. Here is a link to the pics:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katishooked

What a wonderful idea you had. The whole family involved in making these lovely eggs.

Bookmark   April 26, 2009 at 6:43PM
texaswild

Beautiful, SS. I bought two eggs also, but didn't have enough time to mosaic them for gifts b/f Easter. They're still sitting on my workshop table. Think maybe I'll just glue some twine or textured trim on them and spray paint them gold. Got enough other stuff to mosaic at this point. Yours look so pretty.

Bookmark   April 27, 2009 at 9:03AM
cathyscache

Your eggs are beautiful and what a great idea....I will have to file the idea for next year for the grandkids...thanks

Bookmark   April 27, 2009 at 6:11PM
texasfern

Truly a great idea, I too, will try to keep this in mind for the grandkids next year!

Bookmark   April 28, 2009 at 11:03AM
peggy_way

I think my mom would like this activity. She worked her whole life in business and never made time for hobbies/arts/crafts. I own her business now and I can't wait to get home to my work shop. Next time I ever see her I will show her something fun like this. Thanks for showing us!

Bookmark   April 28, 2009 at 8:32PM
More Discussions
Backsplash glass and stone tile tile problem...Help
We just had this beautiful glass/stone mosaic tile...
gargeres
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
Sponsored Products
Homelegance Palace 52 Inch Sofa Table in Brown Cherry
Beyond Stores
Maxi Matic White 32-ounce Electric Hot Pot
Overstock.com
Egg Nog Grommet Other 50 x 120-Inch Blackout Curtain Pair 2 Panel
$108.95 | Bellacor
Foscarini | Gregg Alta Floor Lamp
YLighting
Compamia Maya Dining Chair - Set of 2 - ISP025-BLA
$162.56 | Hayneedle