My Bedroom (photo) Long!

des_arc_ya_yaMay 29, 2008

Wanted to show you guys my "new" curtains. Bought them last weekend at a garage sale. Gave $5.00 for enough panels to cover all four of my windows. (Have 2 sets of 2 windows). They had three white ones and three ecru ones - new still in packages. Friend and I looked at each, smiled, and said, at the same time, "Alternate'em!" LOL

One window is white panels with ecru in the middle and one is reverse. I love them.

Bed's not made great and lampshade is crooked - don't act like you see that stuff! LOL

My Mom made my white quilt several years ago. The oval in the middle was made from a pattern of her dining room table! LOL Now, THAT'S trash to treasure! LOL

The little white ladder has numbers printed on it of the three addresses that Twinkie and I have had since we've been married. I luuuv ladders!

What's everybody else been up to? Having a garage sale Saturday. Wish all of you could come. I KNOW you guys would see the potential in all my "treasures"! LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jayokie

what a find! and it looks nice, too.

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 12:01PM
shysue

How smart you are! Looks great!

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 12:08PM
flowermum

I like it as well. Did you buy your dresser white or did you paint it? I love white painted furniture.

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 3:35PM
des_arc_ya_ya

It's my DSD's old one from when she was little - Twinkie, (my DH) does all my painting! LOL

Forgot to tell you guys that the same day I found the curtains I also bought four porcelian (that's not right but I don't care!) door knobs - two white and two ecru colored. Was gonna use them to hold the panels back but don't know if I will, or not, as I like them as they are.

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 4:10PM
lydia1959

The curtains look great, the whole room is very calming and serene.

I'm working on redecorating my bedroom too ... got new bedding, bought paint for my furniture and have a trash to treasure project lined up as well. Hope to have it done end of June since we are having out-of-town company in July. I'll post a picture if it all turns out!

I'm having a garage sale Saturday too! Been pricing and organizing for 2 weeks now... where did all this stuff come from???? Oh, yeah I remember now... it came from other people's garage sales! lol

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 5:35PM
des_arc_ya_ya

LOL (With you!) Lydia!

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 5:51PM
kudzukween

Love how you thought of alternating them..that was so lucky! I got lucky and bought a lot of white sheers for a nickel each,and used 12 in the living room. Then used some new in the package flat sheets I also bought at a yard sale for making slipcovers and changed my mind and made window scarves :) Use the doorknobs on a piece of wood like a coat rack, or google some ideas, I know I've seen a lot of great ideas with them.
DH found the oil painting for 3.00 at a yard sale:) I'm getting dark blue slipcovers.

Oh,and love the orbs in your photo,too!!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   May 30, 2008 at 6:41PM
craftylady-2006

This is very lovely and would be very calming to wake up too. I had a painter friend who told me to do my bedroom in RED!!! Can you imagine waking up in a totally red bedroom - no way I told him.

Sal

Bookmark   May 31, 2008 at 1:11PM
More Discussions
New uses for old stuff
I've read many good posts on what to do with clothes...
jtribe1234
Idea for Empty Prescription Bottles?
So I keep looking at my empty prescription bottles,...
thrift_shop_romantic
What would you do with a boatload of Orangina bottles?
My niece is quite fond of Orangina, and knowing how...
alison
upholstered head board
I wish I had the two "before" pictures. This...
arcy_gw
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™