Urgent request. Please help.

nutsaboutplantsJuly 31, 2014

I've hosen Eddie Bauer Flax paint for the walls. It's a very neutral, sandy taupe with no undertones. Looks nice in all different lighting.

The trim will be high gloss, but not sure if I should go with pure white or a creamy off white. Suggestions?

As for the ceilings, in our current home, the ceilings are the same color as the walls, but I want white or light ceilings in the new house. So Should I have ceilings painted the same color as the trim? As long as the ceiling is painted flat, will that work with same color trim? Will Ay thoughts? The ceilings are 12' and 13' high and there is sufficient natural light.

Please help. I need to confirm the paint color form the painter by tomorrow. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

Usually we did trim in a semi gloss, not high gloss. Yes you can paint the ceiling the same as the trim and the sheen will help it show, but it won't be as standout as it would if you painted the ceiling a different color. You might consider a color between the white and the flax for the ceiling to give a brighter look and yet have the trim stand out. Especially with such high ceilings, you certainly can add a little color.

Given the warmth of the flax, I would go with an off white, though a stark white can work with that too. What other colors or finishes are there? If you're going with more of a nickel finish, then the white would be better, but if you're going with a warmer antique brass than the off white would be better.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 7:10AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nutsaboutplants

Thanks Annie! Just got home after making the final choices and didn't see your response until now. Here is what I did. Flax flat,for the walls. Sherwin williams Pure White,which actually has a tint of Raw Amber in it for the trim and all wood work which is substantial. Raw Amber is SW's brown. And 75% flax and 25% white on, the ceilings! flat.

Thanks again. I'll post pictures of the house soon.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 11:23PM
More Discussions
Check In here, Roll Call
Hello dear friends! Have you made it here ok? Let this...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
JCPenny Linden Street Furniture Slip Cover?
Does anyone have the JCPenny Linden Street Furniture...
daisymc
Baseboards and door molding
my baseboards are dark-stained wood to match wood floors,...
valmooreinphx
This is why you don't pick paint colours off the internet
This photo has been circulating the internet today....
amberm145
Help me style my living room!
I have no idea what to pair with this tan couch. I...
homestyles2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™